Help me find my first

-

2nd Dart 67

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm wondering if someone can help me. My very first car was a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger. My dad and I rebuilt the motor, I painted it for my senior project and had plans to put a 440 into it. Unfortunately I got half way done with the 440 and had a falling out with my parents. I moved out and was forced to find a place to park it. My brother said he would park it at his place, but decided to drive it without insurance and without my knowledge. He got pulled over and vehicle got impounded. By the time I found out it was at the tow yard I couldn't afford to get it out. It later sold at the tow yards auction. I was looking through some old photos and found some of the car along with my registration. I would love more than anything to be reunited with the car. I bought a 67 last June, but nothing is like your first Mopar. I tried DMV but they won't give me the address of current owner. Any other ideas? I'd really appreciate the help.

They may not give you the address, but check to see if they will send something to the current owner (assuming it is still in Oregon).

they can give you a name and the town then use a people search I had to do that with Oregon dmv to get my duster licensed because the guy I bought it from never transferred it turned out im the second legal owner now.

they can give you a name and the town then use a people search I had to do that with Oregon dmv to get my duster licensed because the guy I bought it from never transferred it turned out im the second legal owner now.

So when you called them you had title in hand tho right? I only have the registration from when I owned it. Here are the two pictures I found:

Dart2_zps6c7c5c43.jpg

Dart1_zpsedecef8d.jpg

No i had no title i didn't even have registration just a bill of sale from the guy and he wasn't the registered owner so they gave me the papers to take to the registered owner turns out he was the only owner lol. But my point is they gave me most the info name and partial address just no number so i used a people search online cost me a buck and i found the guy

No i had no title i didn't even have registration just a bill of sale from the guy and he wasn't the registered owner so they gave me the papers to take to the registered owner turns out he was the only owner lol. But my point is they gave me most the info name and partial address just no number so i used a people search online cost me a buck and i found the guy

Interesting. Wonder why they wouldn't make you file for list title instead.

In the past here I have had to send registered letters to listed owners of cars that I did not have all the proper paperwork for. I did have the cars, though...and California DMV gave me the name and address...

Interesting. Wonder why they wouldn't make you file for list title instead.

Can't file for lost title when it's sold to you buy someone that isn't the registered owner I had to get the original owner to sign some release of interest forms and a bill of sale

So I found the previous owner! It cost me a little, but I got Name and address!! :cheers: However! The car is not in my city anymore... it is about 3 hours away in St Helens, Oregon. I didn't have a phone number so I looked up the guys name on Facebook and sure enough he had a picture of the car on his page. I emailed him and asked if he still has the car. It hasn't been registered since 2008. So I will wait and see.

Hey good luck with it. I often wonder what happened to my first - 69 barracuda, like it dropped off the face of the earth. Maybe we should star a missing first thread....anyone interested?

Thanks everyone! It might be easier to find a forum member that lives in the St. Helens area. My only hope is that he checks his Facebook account.

If you can see his friends on his fb page try looking for his wife....and message her to ask if the car is for sale.....more than one way to skin a cat and women generally check their fb more often.

If you can see his friends on his fb page try looking for his wife....and message her to ask if the car is for sale.....more than one way to skin a cat and women generally check their fb more often.

Good call. I didn't see a wife, but his mom was on there. I gave that a shot.

How much has it changed from looking at the photo he posted?

It looks identical on the outside, besides the wheels.

Update: The last registered owner's brother saw the ad on CL and called me. His bother has since sold it to another, about a yr ago, either in another state or they haven't registered it, because new owner doesn't show on my Oregon DMV records. He is suppose to get me the info of who he sold it to. Still anxiously waiting for the call back. Good news is that he had zero problems with it, and took great care of it before it sold. Hopefully the current owner is the same.

Good luck man! I still fondly remember my first mopar...73 Dodge Dart 4 Door with a 318...still wouldn't mind getting it back to make a DD...as a matter of fact, the lady that now owns it is a patient of mine...

'72 Satellite Sebring Plus I put a built 383 in. It got 8 mpg and as a college student I couldn't afford the gas when it reached .70/gallon and sold it in January of '79. Still wonder what happened to it. I loved that car....

View attachment 72sat3.jpg

Another update!!

I finally got to speak with the last registered owner today. He told me that he got into a bit of trouble and had to sell it. The guy he sold it to never registered it, but is still in the same town and the car resides at his home, however the current owner is incarcerated, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to contact him, hoping he is interested in selling it. The good news is; the car is still in one piece and is exactly how I left it. I'll keep everyone posted.

-
Back