Help me make up my

-

63TOAD

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Removing a 273 and replacing it with a LA 360. the 360 has a 480 lift 284/230 duration cam with 10-1 comp. Headers are out because it's a 66 Valiant. Using the 273 manifolds which would be the better choice? Dual exhaust or the Accurate exhaust sysyem? I am asking this for performance reaasons. I know I will have to modify trans crossmember with dual exhaust.Thanks for your suggestions

If it does not have power steering, the 340 HP manifolds will fit with little modification.

Check Magnum logs for fit. Give me the dimensions of the steering shaft from the block and Ill measure where the magnums are on my engine stand block. They will probably hit the column sleeve but you can circumcise that.

Sorry I want to keep the power steering, forgot to mention that

Then your options are very limited. If you don't want to pop the coin for good headers, the 273 manifolds are about it.

Magnum manifolds won't clear the power steering........ But Jake has grown to like the manual steering in his 65...lol

I was asking which would be better {performance wise) dual exhaust or the Accurate exhaust system

I was asking which would be better {performance wise) dual exhaust or the Accurate exhaust system

The Accurate exhaust system is designed to work with the stock manifolds! If you're springing the almost $1k for that setup, might better buck down for the Dougs underchassis headers, as the stock manifolds are a port mismatch to the 360 heads, and not by just a little either!!

Accurate pipes are, most of the time are stock size.
Performance wise, have a good exhaust shop bend you a set of pipes.

-
Back