Votes: 125 40.2%
  • 70 Dart

Votes: 186 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Badart

Reaction score
Ok the first one is a one owner 73 Road Runner. I have been working this guy going on 2 years now. He is finally ready to sell and wants $1,100 for the car. What attracts me to this car is the colors, they are a very odd combo. It is a 318 car, nothing special but runs and drives. BTW the grille, front bumper and bulge hood are perfect.

The second is a 70 dart that I went and looked at this evening. He wants $900 for it, but I won't go above $700, but he said that he would think about it. It's a /6 3 speed manual, power nothing, but would make a good driver. Sorry for the bad pics.

Both cars are actually really solid other than the usual rust in the rear quarters. I really like both of these cars, but need to make a decision by Friday afternoon, because I will be hooking up the car hauler.

Attachments

• Road Runner.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 738
  • Road Runner2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 742
  • Road Runner3.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 751
  • Road Runner4.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 740
  • Road Runner engine.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 757
  • Road Runner fender tag.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_4355.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_4359.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 753
  • IMG_4360.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 735
the runner.

1 its a plymouth
2 its a b body so it will be worth more both now and once restored
3 its a v8
4 that color combo is badass

hands down ...the road runner. what a GREAT price !!! and it has a power bulge hood. people pay 5-800 for that ALONE..and you cant go wrong with the red/white and blue color combo..that in itself is a rarity

hands down ...the road runner. what a GREAT price !!! and it has a power bulge hood. people pay 5-800 for that ALONE..and you cant go wrong with the red/white and blue color combo..that in itself is a rarity

That's what I was thinking. I have talked to a couple of hardcore B body guys and they said that they have never seen the color combo.

I like my a bodies but that road runners nice. Its your choice but I would take the road runner.

That's what I was thinking. I have talked to a couple of hardcore B body guys and they said that they have never seen the color combo.

im betting this was an ordered combo. i bet there is a broadcast sheet hiding inside there somewhere. this car looks untouched (minus the shifter knob lol). in all my days i have never seen that combo either , in any B Body

what a find , im green....

Roadrunner! I too love my A-bodies, but almost bought a 73 RR before I bought my Cuda. That is one cool car. The RR I looked at was a mess, this one looks really good.

It's funny because a great member here took my 5 year old son for a ride in his dads beautiful 440 6 pack 69 Road Runner last summer. He talks about it all of the time when we watch Looney Tunes in the morning. I guess that I just answered my on question about which car. LOL

i would think this would not even be a debate .....a manual shift 70 dart!!!! LOL.....just kidding you know what i voted for ....but either way good luck and stay MOPAR brother

i think that stripe would look amazing in red with the outer 2 pinstripes in blue

If the RR was earlier I would say that but........
I agree the road runner glory days ended in 72 anything up is not as desired.That being said if equiped equally the RR might edge the dart in value for namesake but the dart is already setup for a 4 speed so it could even out in the end.Since I already have a dart and was looking at a 73 RR when I found my 72 cuda my vote is the RR.

A side note parts for the RR will be higher FWIW.

A much as I love my a-bodies, it's hard to beat a one owner RR at that price. You might be able to get the dart later at the price you want if he doesn't sell right away :)

You know my vote John. :) only problem is, is I don't know if your boy will let you sell it.

Honestly John, you may have found a local mopar I didn't know about. There used to be one sitting on the south end with a whole bunch of old cars, but I don't think it was that one. I wouldn't mind rounding it up, but I need to focus on what I have. Plus now I have the little truck that is really clean and a nice little driver. I'll show you tomorrow

-
Back