Help with cam choice for magnum 360 please

-
Man that's sure a lot of compression for a cam that small. You'll probably be lucky if you get it to run decent on high octane pump gas without dropping the timing way back.
x2 and with that 276 gear it'll be a pooch

x2 and with that 276 gear it'll be a pooch

276 gear is going away, it's just what is in the car now, looking to go to 3.32 - 3.55, the latter w OD

FWIW, I started out copying a build of another FABO member that is running the same motor, heads and compression with KB pistons and the XE268 cam - not sure what his rear gear ratio is...

I just wanna go roller at this point

Thanks Brian

The chambers of my heads measured out right around 62.5-63cc (http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=810483&postcount=8)

Would polishing the chambers open them up to 64 or do I need to remove more material? If I need to remove material, from where do you suggest?

A chamber cut around the intake valves and maybe the exhaust too. Make the cut so there's about .020 between the cut and gasket line. I like to use larger gasket bores when doing this, like 4.150 or 4.180. This allows more area around the valve and will help low and mid lift flow AND drop the compression to something more tolerable for pump gas. If you get it larger like 65cc or 66cc then you can use a smaller cam if you wanted to.

Thanks for the info Brian, I will look into opening up the chamber volume, should I consider some port and bowl work too?

Also found this hyd roller cam:
276 (218 @ .050) 1.6/536
287 (228
@ .050) 1.6/525
@110

I asked if they could increase duration on both lobes or perhaps go even duration but keep the split-lift favoring the intake - seems that could work well with the magnums - I'd like to narrow the gap between the lobes since the magnum heads breathe well in and out - any opinion?

Waiting for Bullet Cams to get back to me too

Just heard back from the grinder, they can do the following roller for the magnum 360

287 (228 @.050) 525 @ 1.6 intake
298 (234
@.050) 512 @ 1.6 exhaust
110 LSA

The Hughes 1103 spring (120# @ 1.660' INSTALLED 310# @ .550' LIFT) would be fine in their opinion

How are them apples?

Just heard back from the grinder, they can do the following roller for the magnum 360

287 (228 @.050) 525 @ 1.6 intake
298 (234
@.050) 512 @ 1.6 exhaust
110 LSA

The Hughes 1103 spring (120# @ 1.660' INSTALLED 310# @ .550' LIFT) would be fine in their opinion

How are them apples?

For what you are doing and the head gaskets to choose from, I like it.

Hi friends, I'm newer here.
Do you know if the LA cam and lifters fits in Magnum engines? I kow there are differences like magnum have oil trough the pushrods, the rockers, roller cam and lifters, intake and another differences. I don't find this informtion yet... thanks!

Hi friends, I'm newer here.
Do you know if the LA cam and lifters fits in Magnum engines? I kow there are differences like magnum have oil trough the pushrods, the rockers, roller cam and lifters, intake and another differences. I don't find this informtion yet... thanks!

Hi James and welcome to the board. Yes they work fine as long as the lifters are oil through type which most are. Pushrods need to be hollow also as you probably know.

BTW: I realize your question is camshaft related like the one posted by the original poster but in the future it'd be better to start your own thread so things don't get confusing. Plus it's considered thread hi-jacking to ask questions on someone else's thread. Have a good day.

-
Back