Helping people sucks sometimes.

-
Would it be possible to generate a list of the problem people somewhere in one of the forums? Or would we be infringing on someone's rights.If they knew they were going to be listed they may think twice before pulling any stunts like the ones mentioned.Just a thought.8)
Here comes my same ole rhetoric even if yall dont want to hear it. Why is it that these "bad apples" as we will so affectionately call them have all the time in the world to post their woes on these sites stating how they desperately need good parts to further their projects, and so far they have gotten junk. Then some "good guy alert" candidate steps up to the plate and helps them out only to recieve no payment, no thanks, no e-mails, or returned calls after they recieve the parts??? I dont care if they hap hazardly respond after you post the situation here, I say out them right away so all can see who they might be potentially be dealing with, and make our own decisions if we will deal with them:bootysha:. Too many bad apples showing up lately, time to trim the trees and let the good ones shine through:-D

Well this guy contacted me and said that he is sending a money order instead, because his paypal doesn't work. We will see if it actually shows up. It has now been a month.

Would it be possible to generate a list of the problem people somewhere in one of the forums? Or would we be infringing on someone's rights.If they knew they were going to be listed they may think twice before pulling any stunts like the ones mentioned.Just a thought.8)
I think that is just a bad idea. there would be name calling and knock down drag out fights at swap meets over it and of course somebody innocent would end up on the list or somebody who should be on the list wouldn't
JMHO

I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. I am also a trusting guy and can see myself making a similar mistake. I recently bought a 68 Dart from craigslist, seller in South Carolina, I am in Connecticut. You always take an additional risk when dealing between great distances. What I did to get some measure of protection, after talking with the seller (always try to do that, as then you get at least a phone number and conversation under your belt), is I mailed a personal check to cover the entire cost ($700 for a non running rust free 2 dr Dart) and a DMV bill of sale. I asked the seller to overnight the signed bill of sale back to me, in a pre-paid envelope I provided. If he did not do so, at least I would have time to stop payment on the check. But more importantly, if he does not consumate the transaction and tries to keep my money, it is mail fraud, a federal offense. To some this may seem untrusting, but comes from my suspicious nature after seeing the worst and best in people over a 20 yr law enforcement career. I know this does not work for small priced items, buy may be useful to some when buying a car you cannot see before hand. I will be picking up the car after the Charlotte Auto Fair next weekend. If I get screwed, it probably would not be the last time, certainly not the first. Good luck in getting squared away on your parts sale.

I have been fortunate in my dealings here with the exception of a member who took 2 months to send a part I promptly paid for. In addition, I have purchased items here that would have cost far more elsewhere. I have also been guided to places where parts are much cheaper. I feel that FABO guys are very helpful, happy to impart their knowledge to others, and aren't using the site to earn their living.

I gave some stuff away for free here and shipped on my dime and never got a PM with a thank you. Last time I do that.

I gave some stuff away for free here and shipped on my dime and never got a PM with a thank you. Last time I do that.

And hence the reason I suggested having them pay at least the shipping. Too bad though that a good deed does not at least warrant a thanks sometimes.

yeah i didn't mind paying the couple bucks but a thanks would have been cool or just to know that they got the parts.

Or number three I let Ants tie you to the car and drag you, and you don,t want that, right?

img_126532_primary.jpg

I had a item for sale listed here, then on ebay. A member told me he wanted it so I took it off ebay, paid there fee, and waited on a money order. Obviously I didn't get it, or I wouldn't be saying this. I've PM'd him to see if he still wants it, or if he doesn't just let me know, but no response. He has logged on many times since I PM'd him.
Why can't people just do what they say they are going to do?
not to long ago I purchased a part form Eric, it was shipped promptly. when it go there i was more than impressed with the packing job that was done, thing could have been dropped off of a truck and the contents would not have been damaged....:cheers:

I think that is just a bad idea. there would be name calling and knock down drag out fights at swap meets over it and of course somebody innocent would end up on the list or somebody who should be on the list wouldn't
JMHO

Well, I think this is the way our country is heading, and the reason it is doing so. Ignore the rights of the good people to protect the scumbags because a mistake may be made. I think it someone has a problem with someone, they should let the rest know. Both parties should be allowed to give their side to the story, and the rest of us should decide if they want to do business with the offending party.

We have some very good moderators on this site. Perhaps we could have a couple of special moderators that could handle such matters. It would go something like this. Member A has a problem with Member B as far as a transaction goes. Member A make a post in a special area. One of the moderators looks at the post and contacts member B for his side of the story. If member B does not answer, or does not have a good explanation for the problem, then the moderator allows the post to go through. If member B responds, then the moderator allows the post to go through with both sides being displayed. No arguing. No bickering. No outside comments. If the problem gets resolved, the moderator would update the post.

Either way, I think we need to have something that shows who the bad apples are, while giving recognition to the good ones.

That is not the way to do business. Maybe to be sure both parties in a transaction on this forum are protected, Paypal should be used.

I think he should pay for the box as long as it is what it was advertised as, as in good working order, if that was the case

if it's a part that the seller just assumed was good and it turned out to be crap, then I would expect the buyer to send it back and be refunded + 1/2 of shipping.

If I bought something from a member who told me I could just bolt it up to my car and go and it turned out the part is only good for a rebuildable core....I would want my $$ back, as I would send the part back 'splitting the shipping with the seller' since 'hey ..I bought a part sight unseen and well.what do you expect'?

If u pay + ship and the parts crap, you should be refunded and the shipping back paid by the seller.

that way everybody breaks even.

About 3 weeks ago there was a regular member here that was saying he has bought a part from 2 different fabo members and both parts were bad. I thought I would be a good guy and pm this member and let him know that I had the part that he needed from my running 74 duster and I assured to him that the part was good. After a few pm's I told him that I would ship him the part out of good faith and he could pay me what he thought was fair when he got it.

I shipped it to him 3 weeks ago with money from my own pocket. He received it two weeks ago. I pm'd him when he received the part and he told me that the part was in good condition and we settled on a price. I have since pm'd him my paypal address on a few occasions and about 3 days ago sent him a message saying that I need my money and now he won't return my messages.

I can understand that people get busy and don't check their email everyday, but this guy was logged on here this morning. I know I should have money in hand before I sell a part, but I felt good about this and thought I was helping someone out. What should I do?
Hi Badart, Sometimes you have to chalk it up to experience. Mike

-
Back