Hemi , 440 or supercharge small block?

-
Hey spaz what about a turbo? i have a big block abody, but seeing how you already have all the stuff i would turbo your small block 360. there is a guy on moparts that is talking about selling a kit to do just that. he has a 4 door 62 Plymouth that has a 360 with a single turbo and blow through carb. his car weighs 3700 with him in it and has been a best of 9.88 at 137 in the 1/4 on i think 15 pounds of boost and the best part is the car is 100 percent street-able. If i had to start over that's what i would build for my duster.

now if you still thinking about doing a big block i have a 0.030 over 440 in my 1973 dodge dart. I race and street drive it on 93 pump gas. the dart weighs 3520 with me in it and has been a best of 10.62 at 125 in the 1/4. Also that is with the wrong torque converter and no tuning. same set up letting my friend drive the car that weighs around 100 pounds less than i do ran three 10.49 in the 1/4. Also my car is no harder to work on than a small block A-body.
well spaz what ever you decide to do dont for get to post lots of picks. thanks Mopar65

****, for fun? Why NOT the NEW 440 Hemi, procharged and go like a bat outta hell..........The best of all 3 worlds!

Mopar makes the new 3G Hemi thats a 440, and I BET because the block is the same on all the NEW 3G Hemi's you can find a bolt on supercharger....

BOM, DONE! I bet that gets ya WAY over the 600 HP you were lookin fer! BUT, yer gonna pay fer it.....All that stuff isn't cheap!

speed cost money

there are 10 ways you could go but they all will cost you, barbarian

1. gen iii with kenne bell twin screw supercharger,allowing you to keep stock compression ratio lol. has liquid cooling optionand air-to-water intercooler.
http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/additional-how-to/1407-kenne-bell-twin-screw-supercharger-kits/

2. if you have $75k+ get a goodwin 650 c.i. hemi. good night.

3. you can do cheaper gen 3 supercharger builds, which add about 7 to 8 lbs boost. should get you 550 hp or so.

all the gen 3 options will require hemidenny kit etc.
there are a ton of different supercharger options and stuff for the gen3's now. all kinds of stroker kits yadi yadi yadi. lots of money to be spent!

4. gen 2 hemi you are looking at 700 - 900 hp on pump gas but also a $15k - $20k bill

5. stroked 440 or 400 you are looking at probably a $10k cost.

6. turbo small block 360 you will have a lower cost but be ready to fab & weld. etc.
watch out overdoing the boost.

7. supercharge small block but again watch out for too much boost.

8. keep what you got get the heads ported, & some springs for a little more lift. swap to efi you can get more power out of your current build.

9. keep what you got and run it. build another on the stand.

10. do nothin just run it :D save your money for trips and stuff & send cool gifts to all your homies on fabo

You forgot 11. Hellcat crate motor. :prayer:

Supercharged small block. Big blocks and hemis are a packaging nightmare in an A body.

Not really. I've had both. They each have their own quirky areas and neither are an easy fit.

5. stroked 440 or 400 you are looking at probably a $10k cost.

yeah, when it's all said and done..

To the OP, I'd go with the 440 stroker

Your going to be about 5,000 in parts + machining. Might as well add another 1,000 for headers. Then you have the nickel and dime stuff.

Decided to go a different direction with the 67 cuda.

Going to go big street horsepower but not sure if I should go with a hemi or a 440 based big block stroker with option 3 keeping my current 360, lowering the compression and adding a pro charger set up.
Keeping in mind it will take roughly 5'years to build as I collect parts.

Any advice or opinions real or fake?

Just for fun......what say you?

Currently pushing roughly 450 horse 11.0-1 366 cubed small block.

I'd like to get to the 550-600 hp range.[/QUOT
I like supercharged ,small block. Myself personally, would do the centrifugal. If you want the bad *** thumper look, Rootes blower,the whole way.

Decided to go a different direction with the 67 cuda.

Going to go big street horsepower but not sure if I should go with a hemi or a 440 based big block stroker with option 3 keeping my current 360, lowering the compression and adding a pro charger set up.
Keeping in mind it will take roughly 5'years to build as I collect parts.

Any advice or opinions real or fake?

Just for fun......what say you?

Currently pushing roughly 450 horse 11.0-1 366 cubed small block.

I'd like to get to the 550-600 hp range.

My opinion: build a low compression 360 short block for boost, get a procharger and aftermarket EFI. Car is already set up for small block, less to change. Plenty of power, well over 600....probably in the 750-800 streetable hp.

Smallblock stroker .... making around 450-475 HP ... with eddie heads ( mild port ) ...forged bottom end .. 9-10 to 1 compression .... fuel inject it and install a procharger with >>>>>>Methanol injection<<<<<<.... EASY 650-700 HP and it will get you in the 10's with a 10 inch slick and good suspension ( 3000 Lb car )...not many will touch you on the street ... 13000 dollar build ...
If you can get a HP block ... turn it up 800-900 hp ...
Ford Guys do it all the time ... AND good street manners

-
Back