Hemi Cuda just for fun

-
sorry it took so long but here is the fan shroud I use.....for the 26" radiator

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance/312/P2998326/10002/-1?parentProductId=1719462

Thanks Denny, I will be ordering that tonight, you don't also happen to have numbers for radiator hoses by chance. I put flex hose on to get things going for now as I couldn't anything that would work locally.

John I'm working hard but I'm still not sure on the work side of things, I may end up out of town again. I am hoping to at least be able to fly in for the weekend for the show this year. The car is still up in the air logistically to get it there and back.

Thanks Denny, I will be ordering that tonight, you don't also happen to have numbers for radiator hoses by chance. I put flex hose on to get things going for now as I couldn't anything that would work locally.

John I'm working hard but I'm still not sure on the work side of things, I may end up out of town again. I am hoping to at least be able to fly in for the weekend for the show this year. The car is still up in the air logistically to get it there and back.

yes ....I do, I get them at NAPA

gonna have to look up the numbers....but I got them.

When you can Skypower..a few pics of the exhaust would be most appreciated. Really like the build!

When you can Skypower..a few pics of the exhaust would be most appreciated. Really like the build!

I will see what I can do the exhaust is only run back to the rear end, can't get thru the ladder bars, panard bar and coil overs with a 3in exhaust. It does have an x pipe in it though.

no problemo....10 years ago I would remember the numbers....now, not so much
both took a little trimming (shortening) on one radiator end.

Napa #7370....lower
Napa #7392....upper

no problemo....10 years ago I would remember the numbers....now, not so much
both took a little trimming (shortening) on one radiator end.

Napa #7370....lower
Napa #7392....upper

Thanks Denny

Ok things are finally getting close to being able to drive this thing but I need some help finding a few little bits. Any suggestions on where to find these things would be great.

Looking for.
Clips that hold the clutch linkage to the z bar.
Firewall grommet for clutch rod.
Star clips that hold the hood hinges.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Bob

Ok things are finally getting close to being able to drive this thing but I need some help finding a few little bits. Any suggestions on where to find these things would be great.

Looking for.
Clips that hold the clutch linkage to the z bar.
Firewall grommet for clutch rod.
Star clips that hold the hood hinges.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Bob

Brewers, maybe....
http://www.brewersperformance.com/

Great to hear you are getting close to driving your hemi Bob. We are probably as excited
as you must to be. Can't wait to hear more.
As for the small hardware for the clutch linkage Brewer's should have everything.
Might try a well stocked true value for the hood hinge clips.
If you could post a pic of your z bar installed it would be great. Not much info can be found
when it comes to searching 4-speed Hemi a bodies. Would luv to have a peek.

Great to hear you are getting close to driving your hemi Bob. We are probably as excited
As for the small hardware for the clutch linkage Brewer's should have everything.
If you could post a pic of your z bar installed it would be great. Not much info can be found

I will try and get some pics in the am.

Yep Brewers had what I was looking for so that was good. Here is a pic from up top I will try and get one from under the car when I get the new front tires and have it back up in the air. I will say this a stick and a Hemi with headers and torsion bars is a real trick to get all together but it can be done, good thing I'm not a very big guy or my hands would not have gotten in there to make all the connections. One other thing if anyone goes this route make a set of pig tails for the starter almost couldn't get the wires on the starter in the car took me about 2 hours and lots of cussing, my arms and hands are still torn up from trying to bend the wrong way up between the headers and block and frame rail. Make sure pig tails go on before header goes on and motor gets put in car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 162
Pic from under.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 177
From Denny's build pics. You might want to PM him as he later did a lot of work making sure that
all of the linkage had a good straight push to eliminate any side load binding.

Don't know if these help but he has it working very nice and smooth.

DennysDuster050516071.jpg

DennysDuster050516072.jpg

DennysDuster050516119.jpg

Thanks for the photo and heads up on the starter wires. I am trailing well behind
where you are with my hemi project. I am enjoying following along as our builds are similar.
I'm also using the torsion bars, 4--speed and factory engine mounts.
Being cheap I have some used hooker headers that I'm sure will give me plenty of punishment to make work.
Looks like your z bar went in square and all the clutch links fit in the space. This is encouraging for me and has been one of my other concerns besides my ratty headers.
Thanks for sharing your experience as you get her going. Hope to see you driving it in person someday.

Thanks for the photo and heads up on the starter wires. I am trailing well behind
where you are with my hemi project. I am enjoying following along as our builds are similar.
I'm also using the torsion bars, 4--speed and factory engine mounts.
Being cheap I have some used hooker headers that I'm sure will give me plenty of punishment to make work.
Looks like your z bar went in square and all the clutch links fit in the space. This is encouraging for me and has been one of my other concerns besides my ratty headers.
Thanks for sharing your experience as you get her going. Hope to see you driving it in person someday.

My build is a little different than Denny's, I used a old school Lakewood bell housing and with my engine location and headers I had to move the pivot on the frame rail and used a modified
Z bar from tti, the clutch works very nice but did take a lot of work to get everything sorted. If your running the Hookers you might want to see if Neven (68 Hemi GTS) has any pics as I believe that's what he is running in his Dart. Good luck on your build.

Yep seems like you guys got all the cool cars up there. I need to figure out how to go spend some summers up there.

Those are some great pictures of Neven's dart. I see it has factory engine mounts and
a milodon pump same as mine. I know that took some carving on the engine bracket.
I have always had a soft spot for those slot mags as they were my first set of new wheels. Have a set going on my barracuda. Been my favorites since I was a teen.
The hooker headers look good in there from the top on his car. Still working on fitting mine, its not going easy. To be honest they fit like crap. Lol.
Is this dart a 4-speed car?
I have much catching up to do to be where you guys are. Makes my project seem so low budget when looking at these nice cars.
Thanks for the details on your Lakewood and pivot points, Bob. Good info. Seems every car is a bit different in the hemi a-body world due the parts chosen. Enjoying the pictures and tips.

I have always had a soft spot for those slot mags as they were my first set of new wheels. Have
a set going on my barracuda. Been my favorites since I was a teen.
I just sold a pair of perfect Fenton 15x3.5 fronts exactly like Nevin's and U.S. Mags has new rears
that match for cheap.

-
Back