Hemidenny K member club?

-
ooops....just saw this.

I find Summit/Jegs to be the best price / service....anyone else got any supplier cheaper?

sometimes I try e-pay for a better price....but service sucks compared to Summit and Jegs, but I think they have a price match policy

Building my 38 Hotrod, I've dealt a lot with SpeedWay in Lincoln, NE. They're fast, rarely out of stock & prices are right. We've gotten a lot if AN fittings, stainless brake lines and tubing. Great to deal with.

Bill

better look at the price tag before you say that .....$8000.00, I'll take 3 HDK's for that price with money left over.

Says 5500, but that still is a lot. But I mean for their inner fender braces they want 200 so they are priced high anyways.

Wow, they had a big time price reduction since I last looked but they still don't offer it for A bodies that I can see on there website. Start checking off some add on boxes like billet uppers and adjustable shocks and Bam...the price goes up and thats also minus Brakes.
l
PriceGraphic2_500.jpg

Stopped out at HDK this morning. One of several K's getting ready for shipment.
The round green stickers say "R" and "L".....just like Denny's gloves.

DennysLast2013028_zps8efa76b3.jpg

He's gonna need a bigger shop for an assembly line :)

denny, on your silver duster do you have 2 inch drop spindles on it? how much more could you lower your car with your standard k before needin the "slammer" k member?

denny, on your silver duster do you have 2 inch drop spindles on it? how much more could you lower your car with your standard k before needin the "slammer" k member?

yes.....I use the drop spindle to make it possible to use a tie rod end.....not to lower the car. It has to do with the positioning of the LCA pivot which is dictated by the rack placement.....it just works!

to get all the Hemi under a flat hood, I have to keep it low....the Slammer / Super Slammer RAISES the motor for ground clearance

the ground clearance limiting factor is not the suspension....it is the header collector. I cannot move it up without major mods....and you all know what a purist I am.

My motor used a motor plate that is bolted to the frame rail as I would not need motor mounts.. I use a kevko pan.. I'm interested in your setup I just want my car to sit about 2 to 2.5 inches Lower than your silver car.. will I need a slammer k?

sure...I can lower it.

the measurement I need to start with is ground to the bottom of the front frame rail near the kick-up at the rear of the front tire.

the silver Duster is 6-7/8" off the ground at the above location.....so you would like to be at appox 5" ?

can I ask what you are using for exhaust?

I'd probably want some where from 4.5-5 its mostly a race car.. but will see some street duty.. the exhaust is dumps out the passenger fender at the bottom behind the tire.. so exhaust isn't a problem.

I'd probably want some where from 4.5-5 its mostly a race car.. but will see some street duty.. the exhaust is dumps out the passenger fender at the bottom behind the tire.. so exhaust isn't a problem.

That will look cool that low...I could only get to 5.5" from my torsion bar cross member to the pavement and feel comfortable and 5.0" to my HDK cross bar, of course my headers ARE my limiting factor to going lower. They are even with the Torsion bar cross member but I would have to have raised the floor pan to get them higher.
attachment.php

-
Back