Hemidenny K member club?

-
Hi Denny went for my first drive on weekend great your front suspension kit is worth every $ it cost and some car drives great i am running 400lb springs with 12'' (ds501) shocks engine 440 with 906 heads perfect some pic's

Outstanding...that Dart is pure muscle!

Thanks for making me look good and I appreciate being part of your build.

Denny

I am gearing up to order one of these systems next month. I would like to know if heim joints or rod ends can be used for the upper and lower control arms. I know some may see that as a step back for longevity and durability but i drive my car only on nice days and maybe 1500 miles a year. I would like to run rod ends to allow the front end to move super freely. I am looking for the best weight transfer in a drag race application.

Sure....it is as simple as substituting the poly ends for quality heim ends. Should not be much difference in price.

OK I'm in, yesterday was like Christmas at my house. Absolutely amazed with my hemi Denny K mem.pkg. Boxed up and carefully wrapped. Made it thousands of miles without a scratch. Thank you Denny.

I joined, sorta.

The complete kit with sway bar is sitting in my shed still available in the unopened box. I haven't had time to do anything with it yet . with that said I can say that Denny was nothing short of an absolute pleasure to deal with.

OK I'm in, yesterday was like Christmas at my house. Absolutely amazed with my hemi Denny K mem.pkg. Boxed up and carefully wrapped. Made it thousands of miles without a scratch. Thank you Denny.

Ditto.
Everything arrived safe and sound. Starting installing it yesterday.

I know that you're too busy to take pictures now....but if you did, we'd check them out!

Of course I did!! Unfortunately the Iphone camera sucks!!

Attachments

• IMG_6108rev1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_6219rev1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_6234rev1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 353
Couple more. Hit a snag with the spindles? I don't have a clue how to install them!

Attachments

• IMG_6250rev1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_6248rev1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_6249rev1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 338
One with the spindle on???
I listed the K frame is parts for sale. Completely rebuilt with PST parts, new firm feel box, stainless steel brake corp brakes and a sway bar. Less than 300 miles on the rebuild.

Attachments

• IMG_6236rev1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 292
picture above is correct.

the additional spacer on the LCA is provided to allow better alignment for the cotter pins. the larger spacer on the UCA holds the dust boot in place over the extended shaft.

sorry for being so late to the thread....just got home from attending a college B-Ball game.

I am going to be ordering mine soon, but with it being bare metal don't want flash rust to start. So..... what have you guys used to coat it, and any regrets? I am thinking it needs to be coated inside and out to prevent it from rusting from the inside out. thanks

I am going to be ordering mine soon, but with it being bare metal don't want flash rust to start. So..... what have you guys used to coat it, and any regrets? I am thinking it needs to be coated inside and out to prevent it from rusting from the inside out. thanks

Chrome and velvet?
:poke:

e?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F9d%2F99%2Fca%2F9d99ca9c4872ae793cb3b64dd8583cf1.jpg

You are correct, without something to protect it, rust, especially flash rust on the welds will begin to show immediately. That is why, once welded, HDK gives all the bare metal components a thin coat of rust inhibitor (WD-40). I had a customer once mention his project had been sitting in his garage neglected for over a year. Everything else in the garage was coated with rust....except his HDK suspension.

A good cleaning with lacquer thinner and you are good to go.....paint or powder coat of your color choice. I would rather wipe clean rust free metal than have to remove rust.

Great question
Denny
HDK

20220211_143043 (1).jpg

One more question before I order. I see it comes assembled, can it come unassembled so i don't need to press out the ball joints in the a-arms and possibly other components that will get powder coated?
Or is there an option to get it powder coated before its shipped?
Thanks again!

Last edited:
-
Back