Hemidenny K member club?

-
Well here it sits after LA HDK and the 5.7 HEMI installed for mock up. Wheels are 18s off a 2012 Charger. Front fender clearance is tight with the back spacing of these wheels but the adjustable control arms of the HDK may tighten it up enough to clear. Still have about 3/4" of threads left...
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums...2d4-d3bb3cdf4b9a_zps941602f8.jpg?t=1385002195
http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w610/FIVE7DART/Mobile Uploads/image_zpscc80f97e.jpg

WOW, I really like the looks of those 18"ers from the 2012 Charger. I'm not a fan of the 20" wheels, but these look nice on that Dart!

I don't know eye to eye. I had given you a measurement of 7" ground to frame behind the front wheel, which turned out to be similar to your silver Duster. From what I can tell this shock would be right. I may want to go an inch or so lower just to cover a little more of the tire.

If everything finally goes right I should have everything in and on the ground by new years had it together once - life happened and my 69 valiant set to low for me so I got stock spindles so I'll see where it goes what spring rate is everyone using my motor will be a 400 low deck

Looks like you made it back from the west coast.....hope everyone is healing A-OK.

Did you get ride height simulators with your package? ....I assume you are using the longest shock?

For the 12" springs.... I would start with 400lb springs

I will buy the drop spindles if you don't want to shelve them

Looks like you made it back from the west coast.....hope everyone is healing A-OK.

Did you get ride height simulators with your package? ....I assume you are using the longest shock?

For the 12" springs.... I would start with 400lb springs

I will buy the drop spindles if you don't want to shelve them

Thanks west coast was great went to Gearvendors pretty interesting yes have simulators

won't be long now

Attachments

• DSCF0383.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,047
  • DSCF0385.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 953
HDK on cart complete with tranny etc not quite as easy as a standard K but worked or maybe it's because I' getting old

Attachments

• DSCF0403.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 844
  • DSCF0404.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 825
I found a sneak pic of it already in.....on your thread.

need to figure out the ride height I'm thinking lower with the steelies all
around no caps any suggestions

Attachments

• DSCF0417.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 752
Swapped out the manual rack for a power rack on my HDK. Any pics of house routings? And what are the fitting sizes in the rack and the pump?

On HemiMarks I initially bought a universal kit from Speedway Motors.....but the length of the hoses and the fitting angles were not to my liking. I took the hoses (before returning them) to the local hydraulic hose shop and after choosing the end angle and mocking up the length, had them crimped..... similar to making custom A/C hoses.

I will look up the port size for the pump and post later today

Made the lines up. On the rack itself what port is the pressure and what is the return. One port is 9/16 an the other is 5/8

here is a pic of the milodon 31581 installed on a 440 in an A body with the HDK front suspension. it clears the rack and pinion but it very close but is only 5 1/2" deep and holds 7 quarts plus filter.

Attachments

• IMG_5118[1].jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 587
hard to see...but what length spacer do you have on the rack?

Because the front of the oil pan in front of the sump angles downward getting closer to the rack.....sometimes shortening up the spacer a fuzz (tech term) can give added a small amount of additional clearance.

I'll try to get a pic from underneath when I get a chance. I leave to go to Holley for a few days for there EFI classes.

Where can I find info, pricing, kit options, etc on these K's?
I've check the website but it's not up yet.
I've sent an email to Denny but I'm sure he's swamped.
Thanks

Where can I find info, pricing, kit options, etc on these K's?
I've check the website but it's not up yet.
I've sent an email to Denny but I'm sure he's swamped.
Thanks

did I get you a reply?....sometimes the e-mail addresses are very different from the FABO name.

...and sometimes just forget to back and send a reply.

Denny
hemidenny@rocketmail.com

did I get you a reply?....sometimes the e-mail addresses are very different from the FABO name.

...and sometimes just forget to back and send a reply.

Denny
hemidenny@rocketmail.com

I hadn't received a reply yet Denny but I know you've been crazy busy so it's not a problem, I'll shoot you another email and whenever you have time to get to it, just hit me back, no rush, like I said I know you're swamped.

For the people that have the HDK K member, has anyone designed a cradle for it for removing it from under the car? If so, where did you put the "legs" that go from the front of the car to the back. Not sure how much sense this is making. If anyone has pics that would be great! I want to make one for my car to drop the engine and tranny as one.

I hadn't received a reply yet Denny but I know you've been crazy busy so it's not a problem, I'll shoot you another email and whenever you have time to get to it, just hit me back, no rush, like I said I know you're swamped.

Did you get a response.... many real name/e-mail/ and FABO name are all different.

Just want to make sure I don't miss anyone interested in info.

:violent2:
For the people that have the HDK K member, has anyone designed a cradle for it for removing it from under the car? If so, where did you put the "legs" that go from the front of the car to the back. Not sure how much sense this is making. If anyone has pics that would be great! I want to make one for my car to drop the engine and tranny as one.

Ross (Orangewagon) built a nice one.

With my Hemi, I bring the motor/trans up thru the bottom....leave them dangle on the cherry picker....bolt the K up....then drop the motor on. It is a tight fit only possible with the valve covers off.

-
Back