Hemidenny K member club?

-
I have a 400 block with SR heads and TTI 2 1/8 step headers. Fits perfectly!!
Thanks for replying. That is exactly what I wanted to hear because I am building a
low deck 400/470 and wanted to know if the TTi step headers fit well with the HDK.

Thanks for replying. That is exactly what I wanted to hear because I am building a
low deck 400/470 and wanted to know if the TTi step headers fit well with the HDK.

It does. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Anything you want to see in particular?

it depends on how low you want the ride height. The installed ride height of this model is 13-7/8"....but if you want your car low....you might need another model (probably the same sale price.....but I do not know.

Do you know what the eye to eye is on your build at your desired ride height?

I don't know eye to eye. I had given you a measurement of 7" ground to frame behind the front wheel, which turned out to be similar to your silver Duster. From what I can tell this shock would be right. I may want to go an inch or so lower just to cover a little more of the tire.

I don't know eye to eye. I had given you a measurement of 7" ground to frame behind the front wheel, which turned out to be similar to your silver Duster. From what I can tell this shock would be right. I may want to go an inch or so lower just to cover a little more of the tire.

Then this is the shock for you.

A good thing about Summit....if you end up needing/wanting a shorter shock.....just exchange it.

Remember....my tires are tall....I even stretched the openings 2" to get them to fit. However, we used this shock on the HemiDemon (single adj version) with a 25" tall tire .....the frame measurement is a little lower, but it sits and fits great.

My notes from back then say your tire was just over 27" tall. Mine is just under 27" ( 225 50 18 ). Should be in the ball park with room to adjust down an inch.

Just to give you an Idea of eye to eye, my ride height simulators are set at 12" so with a
QA1 DS401 the shock range is 10.125"-14.00" with a recommended ride height between
11 1/2" - 12 1/2". My car is pretty low though.

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 591
Thanks Ross. Is 12" the eye to eye measurement?
I'm curious what your front frame to ground measurement will be and your tire height.
Also, which HDK are you using?

Thanks Ross. Is 12" the eye to eye measurement?
I'm curious what your front frame to ground measurement will be and your tire height.
Also, which HDK are you using?

12" is the center eye to center eye, the square tube on the left is the 12" and the one on the right is the 13" for the rear.
Mine are non-adjustable, if you used a turnbuckle or all thread in the center you could dial it in, I just made different sets for front and rear.
If I remember correctly my frame to ground measurement is 13", that measurement was taken about half way between the Factory K frame bolts. Tire height is 26.4".

HDK is the Slammer version, I think.....Denny may have to confirm that.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 598
OK I get the eye to eye. I cannot measure that yet since mine is not installed.
We were measuring from the car frame just rear of where it turns up in the front wheelwell area, mine and Denny's silver Duster coming in around the 7" mark so I imagine yours would be less (maybe 5.5" or so). Mine is the standard HDK, not the slammer, so that may limit how low I can take it.

Your post 3374 - is that about your intended ride height?
Kinda thinking I'll forget the discount, and wait until I have the HDK mocked up with spacers.

Your post 3374 - is that about your intended ride height?

That's actually about 1" high in post 3374, those pics were just to see the car with wheels and fenders on, In the actual mockup pics you can see the target ride height.

Attachments

• duster%20005.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 589
  • duster%20034.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 558
  • duster%20008.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 564
  • duster%20002.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 565
Does look low :) I like it and thanks for posting that. Gives me perspective. Based on eye to eye with Denny's Duster at about 13.5, you are about 1.5 lower. Unless the slammer changes things. It looks like more than 1.5 difference but I think there is some illusion involved. Looks like Denny has 15s, and IIRC you have an 18 so you have a lot less tire showing at any ride height.

The tape (measure) tells the story

the silver Duster is @ 25.125
Ross's Duster is@ 23.25

That is 1-7/8" difference....the difference in average ride height of the two shocks is 1-7/8"......end of mission.

With the silver Duster @ 6-7/8" off the deck that would putt Ross's frame rail @ 5".

I have sold std K's to builders wanting to drop their ride this low (5").....but Ross took a few extra steps to achieve improved ground clearance with not only the oil sump, but his exhaust. (the biggest offender). Another type of exhaust .....maybe a shorty header or stock manifolds where you only have a head pipe would allow additional clearance also.

More than one way to skin the cat.....oooops, sorry Scruffs....no offense!

With the silver Duster @ 6-7/8" off the deck that would putt Ross's frame rail @ 5".

Yea that was a few years I measured but I do remember having 5 " to the frame rail by the header collector.

Attachments

• duster%20019.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 539
The tape (measure) tells the story

the silver Duster is @ 25.125
Ross's Duster is@ 23.25

That is 1-7/8" difference....the difference in average ride height of the two shocks is 1-7/8"......end of mission.

I have sold std K's to builders wanting to drop their ride this low (5").....but Ross took a few extra steps to achieve improved ground clearance with not only the oil sump, but his exhaust. (the biggest offender). Another type of exhaust .....maybe a shorty header or stock manifolds where you only have a head pipe would allow additional clearance also.

More than one way to skin the cat.....oooops, sorry Scruffs....no offense!

I seem to recall a few of those "extra steps". My brain is too small to remember them all.
Who knows what his fenders measure since I think they were sliced and diced too.
Is it still a Duster? :dontknow:

No slicing or dicing on Ross's fenders. That is why I used them for comparison.

No secret.....the body /sheetmetel mods for the Slammer are.

a) raise tunnel /raise driveline
b) raise inner fender for tire clearance.

the rest of Ross's mods are cosmetic.

No slicing or dicing on Ross's fenders. That is why I used them for comparison.

No secret.....the body /sheetmetel mods for the Slammer are.

a) raise tunnel /raise driveline
b) raise inner fender for tire clearance.

the rest of Ross's mods are cosmetic.

i ended up having to raise my driveline tunnel in the back under the seat area.. and i will be raising my front inner fenders as well.. i did find a way where you dont have header clearance problems.. its called 4 inch out the lower fender.. :cheers:

will be trimmed to follow the body curve when finished...

A radical solution for a radical car. :prayer:

If I had to do mine all over again it would resemble something like the Kendig-it Mustang, this car now resides about 15 miles away from me and is awesome in person. Sorry it's a Mustang, but it's still cool.

Attachments

• Kin-68-Boss-4.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 486
  • Kin-68-Boss-5.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 477
Cool but not so street friendly.

I would love to do something like this factory barracuda prototype.

Attachments

• side exhaust 2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 485
-
Back