Hemidenny K member club?

-
Very nice, yes very nice. We painted the 38's torqueflight a lighter shade, a Pewter metallic to match with suspension part. The early Dodge Hemi is a blue though. I'd post a couple if pictures if I could figure out how. The engine, (early Hemi) has lists of polished stainless and Hillborn style injection.

Does this help.... I remember last year when we talking about Hilborn and you posted them, I remember this car well and found them in my build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 590
  • image 2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 580
Does this help.... I remember last year when we talking about Hilborn and you posted them, I remember this car well and found them in my build.

Yeah, you hit it. The shot of the fuel lines is what still blows my mind. The friend that has done most of the work, especially the polishing of the fuel lines. About 60 hours of bending and polishing. He's a gluten for punishment.

By the way, I'm trying to find the list of parts that is needed with the HDK parts from Denny. I know that he listed them, with part numbers and where to buy them. Including the Wilwood spindles. I know that I saw that list, but can't locate it now.

What list do you need?

The package NOW comes complete with the exception of
a) rack and pinion
b) spindles
c) coil covers
d) steering shaft hookup

Ball joints, tie rod ends, bump stops, spacers, hardware are part of the package.

Yeah, you hit it. The shot of the fuel lines is what still blows my mind. The friend that has done most of the work, especially the polishing of the fuel lines. About 60 hours of bending and polishing. He's a gluten for punishment.

It looks awesome, very nice build !!!!

Denny,

Any update on the Early A (1966) version??

The brackets are at the laser cutter.....sometime this week I hope to get one tac welded up for test fitting in my early A mule.

What list do you need?

The package NOW comes complete with the exception of
a) rack and pinion
b) spindles
c) coil covers
d) steering shaft hookup

Ball joints, tie rod ends, bump stops, spacers, hardware are part of the package.

Thanks Denny, I got your private email on this too. Oh yes, I got the 2" dropped Wilwood spindles ordered. Your advise has been well taken.

Ok-Putting my HDK in my sons 67 valiant drag car,Anyone have one in a dedicated drag car,I'm interested in what shocks you went with--Steve--A.K.A-Swifter

Just a suggestion....
Summit sells a double adjustable (QA1 look alike....Pretty sure they are made by QA1....just branded as a Summit piece) that compresses to 11-5/8" and extend to 17". That gives about the most travel (5-3/8") physically possible for the limited space.
Also gives separate compression/rebound dampening adjustment.

I have that shock on the rear and I would have it on the front except they were not available when I built it.

Unlike some shocks....when I click an adjustment and bounce the car....I can feel the change.

Now we just need a HDK sponsor sticker on the valiant and we'll be good to go Denny-Happy turkey day brother hope all is well -Steve

Searched summit tonight couldn't find them denny -steve

Could someone please refresh me on the correct manual rack and pinion to order for my HDK,It's been a while since we bought it,Thanks Steve

Ok-Ordered rack for mustang II with 16in center mounting-Hope that's correct--Steve

try part #SUM G773501 @$194.97ea
thrust washer kit #HAL-7888-109 @$ 25.97

I just got my HDK kit installed before the weather changed here in Ohio. I used these shocks on the front of my Dart. The car is a completely different car now. It is a night and day difference. The car steering is very precise. I can't wait to take it to the track next year. Denny was very helpful through every step of the process. I'm sure I'll be calling him again next year to iron out any minor things.

I just got my HDK kit installed before the weather changed here in Ohio. I used these shocks
on the front of my Dart. The car is a completely different car now. It is a night and day difference.
Awesome! Since you're in northern Ohio did you pick your kit up at HDK or was it shipped to you?
Was it difficult to install? What engine/exhaust do you have?

How's everyone doing back in the Midwest - we are in sunny southern California for another week yesterday it was 89 may look at a 38 Buick just for the heck of it but for us Midwest people we never see these she has 3 auto swamp coolers she would like to sell so I need to look anyway I'm real close to GearVendors so I plan on stopping by there Stay warm

Just a note MEN -summit has the double adjustable shocks on sale this weekend so if u need them good time to order, denny posted the summit number above-Steve

Good point....don't pay full price...like I did. (%*$#+)

Are those shocks fairly universal for the HDK? Been so long Denny you likely don't even recall my project, but wondering if these would be a good match.

Awesome! Since you're in northern Ohio did you pick your kit up at HDK or was it shipped to you?
Was it difficult to install? What engine/exhaust do you have?

I did pick it up there. I was able to take it home to do amock up then take it back for final welding. It was very easy to install. Maybe a couple hours to install. I have a 400 block with SR heads and TTI 2 1/8 step headers. Fits perfectly!!

Are those shocks fairly universal for the HDK? Been so long Denny you likely don't even recall my project, but wondering if these would be a good match.

it depends on how low you want the ride height. The installed ride height of this model is 13-7/8"....but if you want your car low....you might need another model (probably the same sale price.....but I do not know.

Do you know what the eye to eye is on your build at your desired ride height?

-
Back