Hemidenny K member club?

-
sounds like a good idea.....who could we get to play me?....wonder if George Clooney is available?

....all kiddin' aside....a great idea.

Lol, it's a one of one. It just kinda dawned on me though, a lot of vendors have something of the sorts, a video burned to a DVD, a small DVD player and a reasonable size flat screen and a small Honda suitcase generator that runs super quiet would be the the ticket for outside events.

Have a nice informative video about construction, the benefits etc.

Do I get royalties? :D

You need a hdk suspensions trade stall over here mate, i get lots of questions from people about mine and the car hasnt even left the shed.Ever thought of getting someone to sell them for you out here?

Sounds like fun......you got any Mopar shows down under?

And congratulations to Denny and Mark for being in Mopar Muscle Magazine with the HDK Suspension... if this wasn't mentioned already.
:burnout:

Old Man Mopar's link that he posted:

MarkDennyCarlisle001_zpsb033fc19.jpg

DennyCarlisle001_zpsccd450aa.jpg

MarkCarlisle001_zps4318ac00.jpg

yeah there is a few big mopar shows don here

I would love to come....bring a K package for show and tell and meet with as many as possible.

maybe when I get the B-body done I could bring both.

got any sizeable Mopar clubs down there?

There is a few pretty big clubs, one big mopar event up my way, but better ones down south near Frank. If you came over i could bring my car down to one of the big mopar events down there for a bit of show n tell, and Franks is in the paint shop now, i dont think he will be messing around once its painted, I think he would be keen to bring his out too.

ok. lovin my HDK... but what can i do about the squeaks? it is obnoxious..

I would recommend greasing the poly ends with Energy Suspension 9.1110

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9.11104

After 650 miles, I too am noticing a small amount of sqeeking over big bumps on my Duster.....I will be applying the grease over the winter.

I see other products on the market, ......
a green synthetic marine grease and Super Lube 41150
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-41150-Synthetic-Cartridge/dp/B0042FG74W"]Super Lube 41150 Synthetic Grease (NLGI 2), 14.1 oz Cartridge: Power Tool Lubricants: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific[/ame]

but since Energy Suspension makes the bushings, I will use their grease

I would recommend greasing the poly ends with Energy Suspension 9.1110 http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9.11104 After 650 miles, I too am noticing a small amount of sqeeking over big bumps on my Duster.....I will be applying the grease over the winter. I see other products on the market, ...... a green synthetic marine grease and Super Lube 41150 Super Lube 41150 Synthetic Grease (NLGI 2), 14.1 oz Cartridge: Power Tool Lubricants: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific but since Energy Suspension makes the bushings, I will use their grease
will do .. thanks Denny

Rick K. from New York stopped by HDK today to pick up his complete power steering and sway bar equipped front suspension for his red '69 340 Swinger that he has owned since high school (a looong time ago LOL). He shared pics of the body all re-done with many new panels and in primer awaiting final paint. It will have a 400+ inch stroker re-do of it's original 340 small block. Denny and I really enjoyed our visit with Rick today. Welcome to the club Rick!

reddarthdk008_zps9acf927c.jpg
reddarthdk001_zps62dbd6fb.jpg

Notice that the power racks are now shiney brand new ones.

yes...it is from Speedway Motors....$199 plus shipping, (same price as they used to sell the rattle can re-built ones for....still got one I use for mock-up).

NEW manual racks (Mustang II / application 1978) thru e-bay (various vendors) under $90 to your door

Budget 11" brake kit /vented rotors/ AND 2" drop spindles....e-bay $350 ( I still like the lighter, higher priced Wilwoods....you do get what you pay for.

ok. lovin my HDK... but what can i do about the squeaks? it is obnoxious..

I recently heard a squeak on my Duster and took a closer look.

What I found on the passenger side is that I had the alignment cams mis-aligned to get the proper caster / camber and did not readjust the poly-end to put the cams in as close to the 12 o'clock position as possible. I forgot the adjustable ends on the UCA do more than change the track width.

Keeping the factory alignment cams closely aligned allows the UCA to pivot up and down smoothly. By NOT re-adjusting the ends, I had put the poly ends in a bind, eventually causing a squeak.

it is important to remember to move the assembly (installed UCA / LCA / spindle) up and down without the shock in place to verify it moves freely before installing the shock and buttoning it up.

Denny, I might have missed it, but are you doing any rear coil over suspensions now, or in the future? I'm talking myself out of the leaf original style.

Took some Expert advice (HemiDenny's) and tucked the Power Steering Rack closer to the oil pan. There was originally 1" clearance with the provided .480" Nylon bushings so I made some 1.375" Billet pieces and now it's within the recommended .250" from the pan. The top two pictures are from before, note the angle of the steering arm to the tie rod compared to the 3rd picture.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 374
  • 002.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 377
  • 006.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 386
  • 004.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 365
  • 019.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 394
Denny, I might have missed it, but are you doing any rear coil over suspensions now, or in the future? I'm talking myself out of the leaf original style.

In the future....

I really would like more input as to what you guys are looking for in the ideal rear coil over conversion.

The wish list so far....

triangulated ( no panard bar or watts link)
ability to maximize tire width
Coil covers behind axle
Rear housing sway bar
Bolt to frame /weld to housing hardware

-
Back