Here is a puzzle for you.

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife took this pic in our back yard the other day. The puzzle is, can you tell me what happened here? I know exactly what happened.

Jack

Attachments

• mini-mini-2014 Eagle.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 306
Your guardian angel tripped and fell while leaving your house. Luckily his wing tips caught him before he face planted.

There's a 70's Firebird buried under there?

1977-Pontiac-Firebird.001.jpg

Lot's of very close guess's. Here's the story.

The wife was sitting at our breakfast table reading the paper or something. She saw something out of the corner of her eye. It was an bald eagle taking off. So here is what happened. The wife throws out scraps of food for the crows and jays. Never thinking that birds of prey might zero in on our back yard and maybe even take one of our cats. She had thrown out a fair bit of food this particular morning. The eagle came in over the house and took some of it. In the left of the photo you can see where it dragged it's feet in the snow. You can also see where both wings and the tail feathers hit the snow. In the center of the photo you can see two spots where the feet contacted the snow again and some very good impressions of the wings. A little more to the right you can see where just a few of the left wings feathers touched the snow. My wife measured the wing span to be just under 5 feet. That's a big bird.

The wife has since stopped feeding the crows and jays as she is really worried the eagle will fly off with one of our cats.

Jack

Lot's of very close guess's. Here's the story.

The wife was sitting at our breakfast table reading the paper or something. She saw something out of the corner of her eye. It was an bald eagle taking off. So here is what happened. The wife throws out scraps of food for the crows and jays. Never thinking that birds of prey might zero in on our back yard and maybe even take one of our cats. She had thrown out a fair bit of food this particular morning. The eagle came in over the house and took some of it. In the left of the photo you can see where it dragged it's feet in the snow. You can also see where both wings and the tail feathers hit the snow. In the center of the photo you can see two spots where the feet contacted the snow again and some very good impressions of the wings. A little more to the right you can see where just a few of the left wings feathers touched the snow. My wife measured the wing span to be just under 5 feet. That's a big bird.

The wife has since stopped feeding the crows and jays as she is really worried the eagle will fly off with one of our cats.

Jack
Its a cat, no big worries. Dog on the other hand.....Now you have cause to be worried.

A great photo of touch down for dinner jack, at first I thought a rabbit or field mouse got
picked up by a big owl, but after seeing your answer I can see the giant long wings all spread out for take off :color: very cool indeed :cheers:

Cool Story..

We had a big tree come down near us,, and in it, or on it,, was a huge bald eagles nest,,

Inside the nest,, they found lots of small animal bones, and about 2 dozen collars,..

A guy from the tree service was gonna call the folks identified on the tags,,, sheesh,, lost your pet lately,,.

We were at the cottage a number of years ago and the in-laws poodle was running around the yard. I noticed an eagle flying around in circles above the yard so I told the in-laws to put the dog inside. My mother in law asked why and I pointed up. Once she saw the eagle she grabbed the dog and put her inside. Once the dog was inside the eagle flew away. Could have been a REALLY bad day if the dog had stayed in the yard!

-
Back