Here we go! LOL

-
OMG.... please tell me you were holding the welding stinger in your butt and the gas was off.....Christ Almighty man!

My buddy has the HF 110V welder with the gas added and it lays a decent bead.

To bad your so far away I'd trade you a case of squirt for some welding classes...

As part of this cooling down effort I'm going to get rid of the electric water pump but I wanted to leave it sealed to the timing cover in case I wanted to use it again. So I sold a 318 out of my old truck for a hundred bucks to some young kid and I told him all I wanted was the timing cover so I could use it with a manual water pump. So I go to get the thing off before the kid shows up and one of the long water pump bolts won't turn. I ended up cutting the head off and getting the water pump off and I mean prying It Off! Then I cannot get this bolt turn for nothing so I had to go ahead and get medieval on it! Believe it or not I got it to turn but to this moment it's still stuck in that timing chain cover! LOL at least I got it off the motor.
View attachment 1715193417
Yet another blow for my $89 Harbor Freight welder and my $11 grinder.!

This is the reason I put anti seize on the shank of the long bolts in the water pump.

OMG.... please tell me you were holding the welding stinger in your butt and the gas was off.....Christ Almighty man!

My buddy has the HF 110V welder with the gas added and it lays a decent bead.

To bad your so far away I'd trade you a case of squirt for some welding classes...
LOL no I wasn't trying to lay down some kind of fancy bead there I was just holding the bar out with one hand and the squirt gun with the other. I was just aiming for the crack that's all LOL. Does flux wire welders don't ever lay down anyting really really nice. And it's always has tons of extra slag that has to be scraped or sand it off. I did well professionally for a couple years when I was a kid at a fabrication shop. Of course we had all the proper equipment and Eragon welders. I actually did more of the fabrication than just welding beads but I did it for many years.

This is the reason I put anti seize on the shank of the long bolts in the water pump.
Now this was the motor that came out of the truck that I got about 6 months ago and it had 1997 tags on it. So that both definitely sat for a good 20 years. Like I said I tried to get out of it by finding a timing cover locally but no one had one readily available so had to take this one off.

You my friend need a better welder...

Although at this point it's just funny seeing your welds and knowing that you can do better.

although a new welder would be nice. jpar does fine work with what he has. don't matter what he's working on, the outcome is always the same, very good. His attention to detail is second to none.

I would never doubt Mr Jpar.

I have zero doubt about his skills and aptitude. In fact me and him are on the same page.

I think he can and will beat YR, I just enjoy busting his chops.

Go get em buddy!

I would never doubt Mr Jpar.

I have zero doubt about his skills and aptitude. In fact me and him are on the same page.

I think he can and will beat YR, I just enjoy busting his chops.

Go get em buddy!

Geez. A little quick on the accolades there ain't ya? Maybe we should have a side bet on the race. As long as I can walk.

Nah me and Jpar go back a little bit.

Not to mention you just said you can't walk (that sucks, sorry man) and you not out racing your nuts and bolts while Mr J is burning down time slips, welding wire, cam shafts and all the rest just to beat you.

I just think he wants it more and in my life wanting it is half the battle.

Also 50 bucks says Jpar home brew wins and or it never happens.

I am a man of my word.

Wanna shake on it YR?

Not to mention this guy is de tuning his car and still wants to race. I got Jpar all day.

Also 50 bucks says Jpar home brew wins and or it never happens.

I am a man of my word.

Wanna shake on it YR?

Not to mention this guy is de tuning his car and still wants to race. I got Jpar all day.

I'm in. Walking better today. Tomorrow I should be pooping in tall cotton!

You my friend need a better welder...

Although at this point it's just funny seeing your welds and knowing that you can do better.
Of course I will know posting pictures of welds is opening myself up for ridicule No Doubt. I do have big shoulders so I'm not too worried LOL I must say I sure am envious when I hear about you at your machine shop with all those Cool Tools at your disposal. I long for the days when I worked at a full fabrication shop when I could just bend or cut or punch anything that I needed and if I wanted something real cool I talked to the guy that ran the water jet and have him laser out some stuff for me.

although a new welder would be nice. jpar does fine work with what he has. don't matter what he's working on, the outcome is always the same, very good. His attention to detail is second to none.
That's very nice of you to say and damn encouraging
to boot! Damn encouraging, thank you.
I'm just for that I'm going to start first thing tomorrow morning and put a half a day and on the card going back the other way with it. I have the cam back now and need to start cleaning it up and leaving it to slip it back in. I already talked to the guy who originally dialed in my cam and we're both very confident that just putting it back in the same way we'll be just fine. As it is the same exact cam with the same intake opening timing. That's all the clues that I'll give to the cam. It's a top-secret one-off Grind, that's all I can tell you LOL

Ok bud. You and J can pick a 3rd party to hold the paper or we can just send it. I'll let you decide.

Now I got some skin in the game, dont let me down!

If you need anything bent, or punched or cut you let me know. Zero cost, just send me an exact pattern.

YR, that's for you also.

Ok bud. You and J can pick a 3rd party to hold the paper or we can just send it. I'll let you decide.

Now I got some skin in the game, dont let me down!

If you need anything bent, or punched or cut you let me know. Zero cost, just send me an exact pattern.

YR, that's for you also.

Easy
on the bets guys. I heard rose has a 700c.i. all alum. hemi on the engine stand !!

Easy
on the bets guys. I heard rose has a 700c.i. all alum. hemi on the engine stand !!
Well I don't have crap for brains and I'm willing to try anything stupid to make my motor blow up to beat yellow rose so I'll go with anything that cope might suggest. I'm ready to go to the mat and blow this thing up! LOL

Okay wrong thread this was about something else!
Anyways I pulled the trigger on the radiator today.

Easy
And another thing board does the Yellow Rose story get thick now he's got a Hemi with 700 horsepower oh boy LOL this is the internet that is for sure! LOL

no, it's 700 cubic inches and a fiction 1000 hp. we will call it the fictional Hemi 700. lol

-
Back