Here's a new one

-

magnummopar

Reaction score
So I picked up a few Magnums the other day, all between 125K-150K, was taking one of them apart, cleaning etc and noticed that the 5.2 had a yellow Chrysler tag under a bit of grime. On closer inspection, I would guess 10K or less on factory "reman" SCORE!!!

Now here is the funny thing, its 3.91 bore and standard main....has a "reman in Canada" tag but not bored or turned crank. 5.2 crate motor? \

Many have doubted my claims of 1.88 magnum valves, 270 hp RT engines, factory regulated fuel rail and of course big foot. I have a pic!

This is a new one for me after 100+ magnums.

Attachments

• 20160218_171616.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 20160218_214547.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 261
Where are you getting all these so cheap? Around here "they don't exist"

Where are you getting all these so cheap? Around here "they don't exist"
318s are all over here. You can buy a 4x4 Durango with many issues that is drivable without issues that would hurt the engine under $600- sometimes Dakotas and sometimes Jeeps- usually not Rams. 360 same are sometimes as cheap. 318s line the rows at the u-pull with "runs and drives" written on many of the windows and the engines usually go out of the vehicle with decent miles under $300.

You'll likely get flamed by some of the the machinist crowd, they won't accept measuring a shaft or bore with a dial-indicator, so your claim will be considered invalid, just a heads up.

cheers

You'll likely get flamed by some of the the machinist crowd, they won't accept measuring a shaft or bore with a dial-indicator, so your claim will be considered invalid, just a heads up.

cheers

Not for actual machining, no. But if someone can't get within .002" with dial calipers they shouldn't be allowed near anything mechanical. That's more than close enough to tell if its been bored out or not.

Not for actual machining, no. But if someone can't get within .002" with dial calipers they shouldn't be allowed near anything mechanical. That's more than close enough to tell if its been bored out or not.

That was my argument exactly, but you can't use reason with some of the elite..

cheers

That's what I measure with when I'm at a swap meet or just checking basic sizes like that. I wouldn't assemble one with it, but it's great for "quickie" values.
I'd bet that it was just a lucky shot that the tag's on it. Someone somewhere screwed up. Maybe the dealership thought it was a bad motor, sold the job, and the tech found something stupid and fixed it and they slapped a sticker on it from another engine and charged the customer.
Good score either way.
The Mopar reman engines I've seen had metal plates on them, but they were not later model than roller LA blocks.

Factory reman could be anything from a head failure under warranty but the dealer diagnosed the whole motor, too a spun rod bearing with a block still in spec. Not a bad find!

I am not complaining. The stickers cant be transferred, they shred like DMV tags. It had another on rear of block behind dist too. Just unusual.

Got 3 of them complete for $1300 w/PCM and harness. Drove a 2000 Durango 5.9 Limited w leather home the other day for $1000.

Inertia, I have a very expensive dial bore gauge but the calipers are good enough to tell its not .010 over. They wouldnt have believed if I said pistons are not stamped though. :D

Getting the rest of it assembled today if my cam shows up in UPS.

EQ heads with our stage II spring kit 120#@1.66 300#@1.160
EQ Head Bolt Kit
Magnum Mopar Stage II cam [email protected], .525" 114 LSA
Pro Gear Roller Timing Set
Our valve train kit which includes:
Comp Studs
PRW Cro Mo .080 wall Push rods
PRW Roller Tip Rockers

PRW Fabricated Valve Covers w Billet PCV & Breather Kit in Black
Factory Injection w 52mm TB
PCM Flash
Magnum Mopar conversion harness
Tanks Inc Tank w GPA 4 Pump
Magnum Mopar Line Kit
Aluminum Rad & Flex A Lite Black Magic 180 Electric Fan
Magnum Mopar Soft Line Trans Kit & Cooler

Its going in a Dodge Street Truck :burnout:

I will post a pic when I get it looking good.

-
Back