Here's an unusual one...

-
if I was going to go through all that trouble to make that work, I would have shoved a 440 in that thing

...went into a lot of trouble to fit that slant in that Durango. Not sure I understand why, maybe all the guy had for a motor. I kinda like it tho!

Looks like a nice execution, regardless of opinion.

If they went to the trouble to hook up the A/C on a Slant Dango, the work is probably good enough for me. I'd buy it.

"The leaning tower of power" got me lol

It would never pass NY inspection though. OBDII plug ins and all. I wonder what mileage it gets.

When i worked for dodge they chrysler rep told me there were a hand full of of v6 4 wd drive durangos built , i never saw one , but i bet they were way under powered . This is just a case of someone having a durango with a bad motor and someone with a good slant six and no place to to put it . I think in any state that has emissions testing for inspection it will be hard to get it inspected

I don't know about that, it's 2 wheel drive so maybe not any worse than the V6 ones?

Interesting. I like anything unusual and clever. Slant is probably from an Aspen or Volare since some had that Sanden compressor (I took the brackets from one). I have never seen that Super Six carb hat (real or did they paste the sticker?). I wonder how they managed the engine mount and probably used the vintage transmission, which would have been tricky connecting. I doubt you could license it in most states, given emissions restrictions on putting older engines in a car. Definitely not in CA.

Yea that's got to be a decal bill.

A couple years ago there was a guy on /6.org going on and on about how he was going to put a slant in his crossfire!

Needless to say he got flamed.

That Durango looks like a clean install but... Why why why why why

-
Back