Hi FABO!

-

KottonGin

Reaction score
hey im a first time mopar owner, just bought a 1973 Dart Swinger with a 318 with an auto torqeflite i belive. ill get some pics tomorrow. i want to remove the ac and build a daily driver 318 that has some balls. figure id register here and get some info and inspiration.

Welcome.
Remove the a/c ? Depends on where you live I spose. :)
Maybe just upgrade to a lighter, neater compumper ?
Happy moparing

Gotta be honest with ya KottonGin, the A/C will not use up any real power until it is in use. And since thats while your in cruise, with the system "ON", not hammering it, theres no reason to ride yourself of it.

Wrapping a belt around a pulley is no real power loose. Not worth crying over at least.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome.
Post some pix, and most of all, leave the A/C in! You'll love it in July! LOL
Car sounds cool.

George

Welcome.
This is the place to be for info and good folks that are ready to help.
Congratulations on your 73 Dart!!!

Lets get started!

Welcome aboard!
Well you hit the jackpot if you joined for some insperation and knowledge, not to mention a great bunch of people that are in this forum.

Enjoy

Wow thanks, a very welcoming group i see. about the A/C i do live in california so it will be nice but it leaks under the dash and the pulley is off balance. heat or fans didnt work either. IMO it clutters the engine but i like things simple. Im also thinking about some heads with hardened seats too. I could ask a million questions right now but ill shut up and show some pics.
*PIC UPDATE* :thumbup:
Other than the a/c problems and the rust/bubbles, glovebox, and vinyl top in the pics below the car's in good shape especially for how much i paid. :-D
000_1213.jpg

000_1209.jpg

000_1211.jpg

000_1214.jpg

000_1215.jpg

000_1216.jpg

000_1219.jpg

000_1220.jpg

Sorry for the big pics, let me know if you want them in links instead.

-
Back