Hi volume oil pump vs standard volume pump

-
The level of the oil in the pan pushes the oil up the tube to a balanced level with the oil in the pan.
The suction or vacuum created by the input side of the pump draws the oil from that level in the pan up into the pump.

Technically speaking, the pump creates a vacuum in the tube, just above the oil-level, and the surrounding (crankcase/atmospheric) air "pressure" forces the oil into that low pressure area, which feeds the oilpump.

Technically speaking, the pump creates a vacuum in the tube, just above the oil-level, and the surrounding (crankcase/atmospheric) air "pressure" forces the oil into that low pressure area, which feeds the oilpump.

The level of the oil in the pan pushes the oil up the tube to a balanced level with the oil in the pan.
The suction or vacuum created by the input side of the pump draws the oil from that level in the pan up into the pump.

I think we said the samething. Only I'm using suction from the pump and you're using pressure from the atmosphere.

Please
Which filters offer the best anti-drain system.
I have been using WIX standard filters
I personally don't have that info; I just assume WIX has a decent flapper valve. Some oil filter 'exposes' have been done but I don't know how expert they are as they just take filters apart and say "SEE!" LOL

A little different dual pickup.

IMG_5530.png

I think we said the samething. Only I'm using suction from the pump and you're using pressure from the atmosphere.
There is no such thing as suction, fluids do not have tensile strength. All we have to help us move fluids is pressure and inertia.

That’s nice, but no one makes a car pan any more for that pickup style.
That’s too bad. Maybe if one had those tubular front ends a rear sump would work.

Lately I’ve been building trucks so a rear sump pan isn’t an issue.

There is no such thing as suction, fluids do not have tensile strength. All we have to help us move fluids is pressure and inertia.
I would think that a negative pressure in a tube would be called suction. Pardon my stupidity.
The definition of suction: the process of reducing air pressure by removing air or liquid from an enclosed space, or the force created by this reduction that causes two surfaces to stick together:

Last edited:
I would think that a negative pressure in a tube would be called suction. Pardon my stupidity.
Go to some of them cathouses out in Nevada and I bet you'll find some suction, too.

She's been using inertia and pressure all along?

-
Back