Highest CFM flow heads, small black, Completely, under $3000

-
Misc info

Screenshot_20210921-095917.png

There was a build (a single one IIRC) of a stroker something here on FABO a few years back that didn't quite perform up to the expectations. It was blamed on the heads though a few important questions (by RAMM) were left unanswered. I am wondering whether they are 'fixed' now or whether they just had a bad start back then with one unfavourable 'result' posted here...

They are indeed “ fixed”
Guru Vic Bloomer got involved and has spent the better part of the last two years on them.
Knowing his credentials like i do, this is the non offset head i would buy,of anything available.

I hate them (offset rockers for W2) only because of the current cost of the offset rockers. $1200-$1500 is not easy to work into a build budget. But, going fast costs $$.

I was talking with someone a few weeks ago about a possible cam purchase....... and he said he plans of using those heads.
He mentioned that they revamped the ports a bit.

they did more than “ revamp” the ports a bit.
Vic spent a lot of time testing and working on them. Couple years actually, been on and off benches a bunch..valve job testing, yada, yada.
They will be capable of running 9’s on a typical bracket A body stroker deal.
The set that i know of already running go 132 on pump gas in not good air at 3175, and there are several issues yet to be ironed out with that combo that definately is affecting ET.

Do these start out as an out of the box head that they modify, are they using raw castings that they do all the machining on? Ports, chambers, rocker pedestals, etc?

they did more than “ revamp” the ports a bit.
Vic spent a lot of time testing and working on them. Couple years actually, been on and off benches a bunch..valve job testing, yada, yada.
They will be capable of running 9’s on a typical bracket A body stroker deal.
The set that i know of already running go 132 on pump gas in not good air at 3175, and there are several issues yet to be ironed out with that combo that definately is affecting ET.
Any more details on that car?

Any more details on that car?

its a 74 duster, weighs 3175. Not sure of much else, honestly.
Footbrakes it, convertor is off a lot, couple other issues.
Its been a tich over 132 in the 1/4. Heads were put on just before dragweek.
True pump gas motor, 2.08 valves in these new heads( they come that way)not sure but i think he runs a roller. 28 tire, 4.10 gear.
I believe the thought is it will run 10 flat with the bugs worked out on pump gas, maybe better in good air. Its only been in drag week air thus far.
Has a grossly missmatched Victor 340 on it that needs worked,or more optimally, a super victor. The intake had been on big mouth heads.
As i mentioned before, these heads should support 9’s pretty easily on a typical bracket stroker. And they obviously( like anything else) would be even faster with some compression.

Sounds promising.

Is that a one-off set that were hand ported, or an early production version of the cnc ported head?

W2’s get no love at all. So much misguided information out there. Mainly from people that have never run W2’s or even laid hands on them.
I have and will continue to run W2’s. They flat out work and get the job done. Just a regular 9 second 340” W2 engine

DFD04D27-878A-4E91-9C24-F72BF0E8B49E.jpeg

W2’s get no love at all. So much misguided information out there. Mainly from people that have never run W2’s or even laid hands on them.
I have and will continue to run W2’s. They flat out work and get the job done. Just a regular 9 second 340” W2 engine

View attachment 1715793993
Once u own a set and ( BECOME ONE ) with them
Build um - put together etc u see they are as simple as reg LA platform ## I had some expert advice from ROCKET // he passed the torch now one day I will do the same hopefully with another member.

-
Back