hmmm getting married

-

hamesdart

Reaction score
:cheers:Well I finally proposed
After 4 years and 1 child I asked her! I did it with a fortune cookie too of all things haha, I had to inwrap it and get tweesers to pull out the old fortune and hand wrote the new one and slipped it in,then resealed the wrapper with a lighter like a tweeker in the bathroom haha. She loved it though I just thought it was a funny idea,but unexpected to say the least.
We wont be having a crazy weddding since we are saving money for a house so were doing a courthouse wedding and then having a big reception.!! were gonna roll up in my dart open headered haha

WAY to go guy ! Congrats That cookie "fortune" will be saved forever ( after of course being shown to every other woman within a 50 mile radius ).

Congratulations!! Well done. :cheers: Best of luck!!

May all your children race Mopar!

I will wish you the best in your new adventure with your new wife.I will also send you a book on the things to look forward to in your new relationship,as I have had 6 or is 8 wifes,can,t remember,but any ways it will be a journey to enjoy and to look back on in 20-30 years,when you are old and gray,and sitting there guming your food and farting uncontrolably,its a special time let me tell you,mrmopartech

CONGRATS

Congratulations!! If you haven't done this already, befriend a couple that has been married a long time, that you can turn to for advice if you need it down the road.

Congrats..I was with my wife 16 years before we got married LOL been married 2 years now.

yahh its been an adventure so far.. to say the least,we are both 20, got together very young and had a kid when we were 17 and she was still in school. So its been a hell of a ride thus far, but we have been able to defy all odds thus far of financial hardships and ruff patches.
And no the ring wasnt in the cookie, i replaced the original fortune w/ a hand written fortune of mine, But its nice not having a huge wedding for cost reasons and no engagement rings as well so she will have a nicer engangement ring, we are normally traditional but deperate times call for unusual measures. I look forward to the future and hope that with enough donations at our reception along with our savings we can come up w/ a down on a house to get into in the next year or so.

Been married for 2 years now. I have to say it was one of the best moves I made. If your willing to do some work yourself you can save huge. I think in total ours cost about $2500. That included getting married in a church. Rethink the marriage in the court though. We men may see it as the same. But to women they hold that stuff to a higher standard. Kemp your wedding court to about 3per side and it dosent cost much. Talk to some of your family about decorating the church which is what we did. Did it it for about 150 in materials if I remember right. Most of all good luck and congradulations.

Congratulations!
Gotta echo what eaglesguy said. Your bride will cherish the church wedding memories and photos. Get a friend to take the pics, decorate and clean up the church yourself and it won't cost much at all.
My 1st marriage wedding cake was a present from my sister. She baked it in Idaho, froze it, and flew it to SoCal in suitcases. Unpacked it here and decorated it the night before the wedding and reception. Looked and tasted just like it had been baked and decorated here.

Congrads!

Me and my wife, then girlfreind, had a "Whoops!" and decdied to get married before the baby was born. Since she was a 12th grade student at the time and I was a bit young myself @ 21, our family's helped out alot. The plan went as followed;

Call everybody!

tell each one of the family members to bring "XXXXXX" for the reception
get a freind to help with the hall. Moose lodge and cheap!
Call DJ who was also pergent! Better deal ensued!
(Wife, maid of honor and DJ...all Pergnet! Yikes!)

Gather at church, say yep I do! And off to the hall we went. We had a 6 hour party dance fest and left the party behind @ 11 pm or so.
Pass out on bed!

21 years and counting baby!

Yep or photographer was a family friend. Anymore the nice digital cameras take just as nice of photos as the high end 35mm cameras. Our cake was fake. Only the top tier was real(for pictures really) couple of sheet cakes is what most ate. Get your colors picked out then start looking for stuff onsale. Believe it or not there are alot of churches out there that do the ceremony on donation. Get yours and hers family and friends involved you would be amazed at what you can accomplish. It sounds like you guys have been through some tough times. So make a honest women out of her and give her a good wedding. Shop around for tuxes i think ours were like $80 a peice my grooms man paid for there own. Brides maids paid for there dresses too. Im all about cheap. But cheap can look nice to with the right touches. Shop the dollar store for table decorations like candles and stuff. If you got any questions or need advice just ask. Ill point you were it can be cheap. Check ebay also.

OH! MAn, I forgot about photo! Family member did'em!

Congrats on the nuptials !!

I assume you know that the happier she is, the better your quality of life (and toys) will be.

1st Congrats guy!

2nd Every thing they say is true.

I am 23 and married at 21. Young broke *** love...lol Be 3 years this coming july. Most expensive part of the wedding was her rings lol. Imagine that?! Rented a church in a small town of 50 people $100. Pastor was a family friend so he did the marriage for free. I wore my tux from my Highschool graduation....good thing I lost weight instead of gained....lol
My brother in law borrowed his friends Digital camera from his photography business, so pics were free. Rented the town hall for $200 Parents paid for the cold cut lunch, basically deli meats and cheeses on buns and vegies and dip. My sisters set up the banquet, mom made the Wedding cake. And afterwards we all went back to my parents place, had a bonfire, BBQ, drinks and had a good time.

Engagement Ring and Wedding ring $1200
My ring $200
Her Dress $175 (sears catalogue grad dress, very nice)
Church fee $100
Hall fee $200
Total cost for us just around $2000

Her being happy and looking through the photo albums.....priceless.

Main thing is to not rush it. And have both of you realize its your wedding day........BUT ITS ONLY ONE DAY......the money we saved from having a thrifty wedding allowed us to make payments on a house.

I still will never understand these BRIDE-ZILLAs that insist on spending thousands upon thousands on their weddings......once again, its ONLY ONE DAY of your life........spending that money on a house is smarter and is for life

We too were going to have a courthouse wedding, said we would not be engage for years like everyone else does and planned on getting married 6 months after I proposed.

Well we decided to wait and save up and next thing you know we had been engaged for over a year. Glad we did. She will always remember "HER" day lol

And half of it did not have to be paid upfront, so we had some time to pay it off.

wedding.jpg

funny thing is it was her idea!!! she kept hounding me to ask her haha which was funny since I had planned on it anyway around this time but she didnt want a huge wedding, were both fairly simple... dont need crazy extravagent wedding and everything

Congrats on the popping the question I've been married almost 11 years. Just remember its her day and beware an open bar. That cost us more than the dinner but we had a hell of a good time.

Last tip of advice its always easier to beg for forgiveness (flowers work) than ask for permission!

Congrats........Love the fortune cookie trick !!!!

For your wedding have something small and meaningful.Dont spend your life savings on it. Most of all,enjoy !!!!!

Love my wife,we'll grow old together.

Congratulations.:cheers: I like the idea of the low cost wedding but especially the idea of saving for a house.Good luck.8)

Congratulations :cheers::cheers:
The fortune cookie thing you did was so cool 8)
My wife has been putting up with me for 30 years
We lived together for a 1 1/2 trial run =P~:toothy10:before we got married

yah we have been living together over a few years now... so its just official now for me, But luckily the wedding is the one thing she said she didnt want now since we want to get into a house so we will have a nice reception (after party) and get everyone there and have a good time, then in the next 5-10 years if all is well we can re-new vows and do a church thing... if we still feel like it hha.

Congratulations! Just celebrated our 8th year married and our tenth year together. Just remember to always have a good sense of humor.

-
Back