Hobart Welder

-
nice !!!! the 110V is handy bcoz no special shop wiring is needed, just avoid extension cords....i have a 110V lincoln and you have seen what kind of stuff i do with it.

you definatly want the gas bottle if you can get the gas, it makes sooo much better welds and is cleaner

glad to see you moving in a good direction here :cheers::cheers:

In most cases you are right rani no special wiring is needed. But I live in a mobile home and my welder will be in my building so it will have to be wired up for it.

congradulations cliff every car person needs a welder. i have 7 and use them all.

I am happy for you Cliff,I know that you are itching to get the charger project going again!!!
Congrats,
Martin

I am happy for you Cliff,I know that you are itching to get the charger project going again!!!
Congrats,
Martin

Thanks Martin. I hope it comes in next week. Now I have to find a way to wire up some electricity in my building.

I have an older vesion of that welder and have welded MILES of wire with it! I absolutely love it. It is made by the same company that makes Miller and many perts interchange. I had a Century welder years ago and it was a giant POS!. You will not be dissapointed.

Just buy you some 6 gauge and make an extension cord to Bill's place...The cord will cost ya a fortune...but the electric will be free... bwa ha ha ha
Did you check to see if you had room to add a breaker in your breaker box, one dedicated breaker for your shed would work !!!!

I have an older vesion of that welder and have welded MILES of wire with it! I absolutely love it. It is made by the same company that makes Miller and many perts interchange. I had a Century welder years ago and it was a giant POS!. You will not be dissapointed.

Thanks Pete can't wait. Hope I can look to getting the wiring done next month

Just buy you some 6 gauge and make an extension cord to Bill's place...The cord will cost ya a fortune...but the electric will be free... bwa ha ha ha
Did you check to see if you had room to add a breaker in your breaker box, one dedicated breaker for your shed would work !!!!

It won't be free when Bill gets himself a bunch of 6 gauge wire for free.... bwa ha ha ha

I really could use that wire too. :prayer:

I don't think there is it is only a 100 amp system. Turn on 2 ac on the same circuit and it blows out one whole side of the house,and they are new breakers

I don't think there is it is only a 100 amp system. Turn on 2 ac on the same circuit and it blows out one whole side of the house,and they are new breakers

That is because the both a/c units are on one circut. They need to be split up on seperate circuts and that will end. Electric is just like with a water line, you can only get so much water out of a line before the pressure drops.

That is because the both a/c units are on one circut. They need to be split up on seperate circuts and that will end. Electric is just like with a water line, you can only get so much water out of a line before the pressure drops.

Can't split them they are in the 2 front bed rooms

I hope to have the central ac fixed this spring

That would take care of the problem. Speaking of ac, I tore my heater blower down today and I was amazed how dirty it was. It didn't look very dirty but the fins on the squirel cage were nasty and that couldn't be helping my allergies. I have much better air flow now but that may shoot me in the foot since the furance is by the place she smokes. Right now she has taken smoking outside so I pray that will be the first step of he quiting.

That would take care of the problem. Speaking of ac, I tore my heater blower down today and I was amazed how dirty it was. It didn't look very dirty but the fins on the squirel cage were nasty and that couldn't be helping my allergies. I have much better air flow now but that may shoot me in the foot since the furance is by the place she smokes. Right now she has taken smoking outside so I pray that will be the first step of he quiting.

Cool maybe you can come over and guide me through cleaning the blower it may help me too. I wish I could find a free 220 breaker not doing anything to run out to my building splitting it up one for the welder and one for lights

Cool maybe you can come over and guide me through cleaning the blower it may help me too. I wish I could find a free 220 breaker not doing anything to run out to my building splitting it up one for the welder and one for lights

We can do that at the first of the week. I also need to look at your panel and make sure it isn't doable.

OK it suppose to be in the 50's next week. You know king would like to see you.

King is a sweetheart.

I want to come over when it is cold. I can show you what to do on the blower and you can do it when it is warmer. We can look at the panel box and see what might be able to be done without messing with anything. I hope that I can work outside when it gets in the 50s because I have got to get that trailer finished. I have a big payment coming up on it.

King is a sweetheart.

I want to come over when it is cold. I can show you what to do on the blower and you can do it when it is warmer. We can look at the panel box and see what might be able to be done without messing with anything. I hope that I can work outside when it gets in the 50s because I have got to get that trailer finished. I have a big payment coming up on it.

Looks like we won't be in the 50's until Wednesday. Friday will be the warmest is 57*

Congrats Rebel glad to see you get a welder. Enjoy and post pics when you start working on your car.

Cliff,

Is your dryer gas or electric? If it is gas there should be an unused 220 breaker that went to it since that house was originally an electric dryer.

-
Back