Hockey anyone ???

-
I was cheering for the Hawks but with their 7 game battle drained both teams.

The NYR ( and Martin I may add) are rested and ready for the Wednesday game.

It will be curious if the Kings can put up a fight..

That's what the Kings have been doing since round one. No breaks. They'll watch films today and light practice tomorrow with a morning skate on Wednesday.

The series won't be as exciting as with the Blackhawks. But the Kings will take the Rangers out. I do feel bad for St Louie but he already has a Stanley Cup.

Gaborik doesn't and has a grudge with the Rangers. And when one King has a grudge they all do. Hockey, the greatest sport in the world.

Be nice to see the Rangers take it but LA is just to strong of a team. Remember they were down 3 games to 0 to the Sharks. If Lundqvist is not the best Ranger player it could be a short series.

I give the edge to LA. Resting can be a negative. There is a momentum of energy and playing in perfect sync that can be lost. I'd be surprised to see the Rangers at the peak of their game during game one.
If anyone can match Lundqvist its Quick. Should be a good series.

Just started watching.... Love the fact ,NBC posted no play by play. (Awesomeness!). Just grabbed on,time to watch. (Gotta start somewhere...).

I'm still sayin' NY...Lundqvist is hot and much better that Quick...the goal scored against we much higher.. and the Rangers are scrappers.. and they have Martin..

Mind you, we won't know until the fat lady sings and the puck drops..

Somebody angry with AV in Canaukistan? :)

I wouldn't say Lundqvist is hot. Series went 7, 7 and 6 games with some major blowups in each one. Not as though they went 4, 4, 4 to get here. If the Rangers were in the west, they likely would have been gone by round two. East is weak compared to the west. Doesn't mean the rangers won't pull it out, just not likely. That's why they lace them up. People say they Kings may be tired, the rangers played one less game to get here.

Being one of the 5 people to watch the hockey playoffs or Kings games in the LA area...

GO Kings Go!

For the Rangers to win they have to take the split in LA.

For the Rangers to win they have to take the split in LA.
Thats what they said about the Kings vs San Jose, Anaheim and Chicago. All way better teams than the Rangers.
Kings are the only team to come back from a deficit to win three game 7s on the road in the playoffs.
Mike Milberry said it best. These aren't the Kings that won the cup two years ago. They are better.

Thats what they said about the Kings vs San Jose, Anaheim and Chicago. All way better teams than the Rangers.
Kings are the only team to come back from a deficit to win three game 7s on the road in the playoffs.
Mike Milberry said it best. These aren't the Kings that won the cup two years ago. They are better.

My point exactly,for a team starting the series on the road it is almost a must they take 1 out of the 2 games, just like LA did with the Ducks and Hawks. LA won game 2 on the road in both of those series.
I agree with Milbury,i have never seen a team like LA in this years playoffs. Just think if Mike Richards can get his game together.

Somebody angry with AV in Canaukistan? :)

I wouldn't say Lundqvist is hot. Series went 7, 7 and 6 games with some major blowups in each one. Not as though they went 4, 4, 4 to get here. If the Rangers were in the west, they likely would have been gone by round two. East is weak compared to the west. Doesn't mean the rangers won't pull it out, just not likely. That's why they lace them up. People say they Kings may be tired, the rangers played one less game to get here.

Being one of the 5 people to watch the hockey playoffs or Kings games in the LA area...

GO Kings Go!

I agree CB, Lundqvist stood on his head in 1 game. 7, but that is the one that mattered. I tried to watch as much playoffs as I could and Tokarski stepped up. Price played good too. Thats why the Rangers took him out. Vigneault and Lundqvist are the only reasons I care if the Rangers win or not.

LA when they won the cup were underrated. Same goes for this year, but Quick had better step up his game...same goes for Richards.

Go Kings!

Oh if we had year round weather like you got CB, I'd be bikini watching instead of hockey!

Not angry at all , what most people don't know is my nickname was given to me when I lived in Michigan by a customer who builds cars for NASCAR teams near MIS , funny how nicknames stick eh ! I have never been a Canucks fan , we like to say the worst thing about the Canucks is the fans because most of them never laced the skates in their life , I on the other hand am from Onterrible and grew up in the East end of Toronto , theres a special kind of disdain a fella gets from listening to folks who never played the game chirp about how bad my team is and how fantastic their team is , the last few years have been " we'll win our first before you win your next" so the current reality is sweet justice and most of them believe A.V. was the second coming incarnate so his losing in 7 like he did here so often coupled with Richards and Carter winning again after the way Philly treated them is just sooooo sweet .

No doubt L.A. is good. Anybody pay attention to the saved shots stats? There's a reason why Lundqvist sees much less shots then the other team, don't forget about the rangers defense. They are not easy to get passed and they block the **** out of shots. I watched the L.A. and hawks series, both teams lacked defense big time. Very high goal scoring games, not a good look!

No doubt L.A. is good. Anybody pay attention to the saved shots stats? There's a reason why Lundqvist sees much less shots then the other team, don't forget about the rangers defense. They are not easy to get passed and they block the **** out of shots. I watched the L.A. and hawks series, both teams lacked defense big time. Very high goal scoring games, not a good look!

Exactly. This is how NY could steal it. With Lundqvist and the best shot blocking in the league they have shut down capability. If they can get a lead... and stay healthy (shots can do damage and the Kings are a bruising team). I think the game has changed a bit toward the offensive side of things. Clutch and grab is gone and there's so much scoring talent its not so easy. I love it. One team has a scoring streak and the other has to open things up.

The goaltending critique of both Lundqvist and Quick is inaccurate. The few that got by that looked bad were really not. Lundqvist let one in that was an odd off speed shot that dropped. Quick let in a strange bounce... I did not see a single truly bad goal let in.

Since my team is out I can sit back and enjoy but my gut says LA isn't going to do it in 4 or even 6...

I think you will see NY move the puck to a point between the crease and the circle to take advantage of Quick crawling around on the ice , they like to attack in waves by driving deep and passing back to the trailer who shoots if there's a good shot or drives deep and passes back to the next trailer , rather than cycle around the zone , this gets the goalie moving to cover the wraparound and opening up the side the man comes in from , they did this with a lot of success against the Habs and I am sure they will do it with LA if the Kings let them .

Game 1 was tense ... The Rangers out-played the kings then fell asleep in the 3rd. Had too many open net misses ... crap ......

My team's out now. :sad2: :wack:

Time to go bikini watching with Steve (you don't need warm weather to go bikini watching - but it does help....) :cheers: :sign3:

View attachment 1714727619

Why can we only find them on the net Karl?? Dangit....Ive worn out my winter tires looking for some just like them!

Screw Stanley...Im watching their cups!!

I only got to watch from part way through the 2nd till OT, but it was a pretty intense game.

Game 1 was tense ... The Rangers out-played the kings then fell asleep in the 3rd. Had too many open net misses ... crap ......
The Rangers came out expecting to leave it all on the ice. They did that in the 1st period but ended the first period with a 2-1 lead. After that they had showed their cards and the Kings played their game which doesn't allow the other team to outplay them. The shots on net for the Rangers started to diminish and the shots on net for the Kings went up. 3 unanswered goals is not outplaying anyone. 3 shots in third period isn't a good sign.
The Rangers need to stop trying to out muscle the Kings while trying to play their Rangers style of hockey. It will mess them up and it did last night.
They need to stop the dirty slashes,checks from behind, and knocking the skates out from behind the Kings players.
They need to focus on their tape to tape passing and speed. 3 shots in third period isn't a good sign. It was like holding their heads under water. And Sutter has them figured out. Just watch the Kings shifts. You rarely will see the same three players on the same line. Linquist can only be asked to do so much. And was one of the three best players on the ice.
Now that the Rangers see what they are up against they can refocus on their game. Getting outshot 43-27 is not outplaying anyone. I'd like to see the series go to 7 but I'm not sure that will happen.

..I am at odds with you..

I found the game slow and not as intense as I expected so I watched some stuff I taped and flipped back a forth..saw the goals..if NY could have hit the net the kings would be dead.. the net was open a lot...

Hope the next game isn't a yawner..

Like I said, they feel asleep in the 3rd. Watch the first 2 periods again, rangers were all over them. They had plenty off good opportunity to shoot at the net but tried some fancy passing that got them nowhere. That game should have never went to overtime.

-
Back