Holley issue

-
Sure would be nice if someone has a modern 6140 and look if it looks the same as mine.
What numbers are stamped on the choke tower?

'63GT covered the three possible balls:
Accelerator pump weight under the shooter
Accelerator pump check valve
Vacuum secondary signal.

Kits often include extra parts that cover a different version of the carb. Holley calls the type of carb a 'model' and each version has its own engineering 'list number.' That, the revision number, and date of manufacture are on the choke horn. The metering blocks will also have similar numbers, but often they don't overlap.

Referencing to the backfire once again. Rich or lean, if there's a misfire, then unburned hydrocarbons will be available in the exhaust. It just will need enough heat and pressure to set it off in way that bangs. If I was there, I'd look at all 8 spark plugs for clues of whats been happening in the chambers. Just obvious stuff like carbon build up, electrode condition, gaps.

If the secondary metering plate is warped or not tight, it will draw fuel into the secondaries.

If the secondary metering plate is warped or not tight, it will draw fuel into the secondaries.

Or if the body is warped...
It will also cause you to pull every single hair you own out by the roots if that happens on the Pri side :)

Thanks fellas, this is all brand new stuff. I just got in from messen with it, decided to pull valve covers to verify all rockers moving right, all good, run compression test, all good.
Totally rebuilt engine, just a little over 1k mi. Runs great, goes like stink, love the car, hate the cold start pow.

Or if the body is warped...
It will also cause you to pull every single hair you own out by the roots if that happens on the Pri side :)
HAHA.... Amen to that brother!

-
Back