Holley sniper fuel lines

-

berry-cuda

Reaction score
Installed a sniper on my small block and was wondering what you guys running them did with the fuel lines to make them have a fairly clean look? Thanks

I bent the factory 5/16 hardline up against the firewall and bent it towards the sniper. I cut it to length and used a 5/16 compression to 3/8 hose barb fitting. I used a short ~8 inch piece of EFI rated fuel hose to connect to the throttle body. I then capped off the return fitting since I'm using a holley in-tank pump setup that included an in-tank regulator. It doesn't look perfect but it's all hidden under the air cleaner and plug wires.

I had new 3/8 feed and return hard lines made and ran them along the frame connectors to just below half way up the fire wall than from there flexible braid fuel line to the sniper. Same with the tank pretty much similar to the factory hard lines than flexible line to the tank . That’s a tanks inc product . It’s a nice unit with built in surge tank and running the Walbro 255 pump. Sorry couldn’t get under the car to take photos of the fuel line route without raising the car.

90B2CA51-E2C3-4D4A-A7E0-F6759AE578A6.jpeg

01DF1AB8-DD26-4510-9FC2-9FC4D8DB1992.jpeg

822A49B1-47A5-4BD2-ABB8-B7B11E384CE9.jpeg

0D111051-497E-41B7-81DC-8E2A4FD7B9A1.jpeg

45E7E675-4AFF-4860-8F3F-35C266E249E0.jpeg

85434E8A-3965-4B4A-8ED8-BF3513A61B7B.jpeg
8D172B1E-194C-485A-9F2A-7EA8563F8F3F.jpeg

F34FD69E-6974-41B3-8B0B-D98CE256B969.jpeg

here is my recent set up. Not Holley but fitech.
3/8” prebent stainless pressure and 5/16” prebent stainless return.
Hid the filter under the alternator. Used all factory clips on frames - had to add some. Works perfectly 600 miles so far.
side note- do not use compression fittings. flare all fuel lines and at Napa they sell a green stripe reinforced fuel injection black rubber fuel line. Don’t use plain fuel lines. They rupture easy and don’t last long with ethonol fuel.
Joe

I had new 3/8 feed and return hard lines made and ran them along the frame connectors to just below half way up the fire wall than from there flexible braid fuel line to the sniper. Same with the tank pretty much similar to the factory hard lines than flexible line to the tank . That’s a tanks inc product . It’s a nice unit with built in surge tank and running the Walbro 255 pump. Sorry couldn’t get under the car to take photos of the fuel line route without raising the car.

View attachment 1715513677

View attachment 1715513678

View attachment 1715513679

View attachment 1715513680

View attachment 1715513681
Is that spacer the one Holley recommends for the Sniper?

Thanks for the ideas guys I have the fuel lines ran up to the engine bay just gotta figure out which is best next, I want to use majority hard line but my tubing bender won’t do nice 90deg bends might have to look into a new one

Is that spacer the one Holley recommends for the Sniper?
That’s a 3/4 open spacer , I found running this that the idle smoothed out a bit but did shift the rpm up a little aswell. Reason for running the wood spacer is to eliminate as much heat away from the sniper due to the ecu being mounted at the front and there has been cases where the heat has caused malfunction in these units. Just ticking boxes to eliminate any issues. In all honesty I have been using this unit for 15 months now and it’s been faultless , instant throttle response and drivability has been great. People are using the spacer to eliminate the whistle sound they sometimes produce. You just need to adjust the iac properly.

That’s a 3/4 open spacer , I found running this that the idle smoothed out a bit but did shift the rpm up a little aswell. Reason for running the wood spacer is to eliminate as much heat away from the sniper due to the ecu being mounted at the front and there has been cases where the heat has caused malfunction in these units. Just ticking boxes to eliminate any issues. In all honesty I have been using this unit for 15 months now and it’s been faultless , instant throttle response and drivability has been great. People are using the spacer to eliminate the whistle sound they sometimes produce. You just need to adjust the iac properly.
Thanks for the info!

View attachment 1715513677

View attachment 1715513678

View attachment 1715513679

View attachment 1715513680

View attachment 1715513681
What throttle cable setup is that

Steel braided lines directly off the unit which connect into custom bent hard lines all the way back to the tank. I wish I took some pics when the car was up in the air, they did a really good job making it look factory. Just got the car on the road last week.

1.jpg

3/8” s/s fuel line run in the stock location and then -6AN fuel line hose to the filter then to the sniper. I have the Holley returnless in tank pump.

C5B709AC-282B-460A-977D-F0C6FE5CCFD6.jpeg

Just make sure the return is no smaller than the supply. I've heard of guys using a Corvette regulator, which is designed for rear mount, so the return is right back into the tank, only one line up front. Don't know / have forgotten if the pressure is in range for what the Sniper needs

The Sniper was just installed temporarily to mock up the fuel line and wiring!!
I figured that was probably the reason, it was more of a "just in case". God knows I left a bolt or two loose when your doing too much or get interrupted.

-
Back