Holley vs proform

-
I have the proform 750 on my 383 now and i love it. Its more carb then i know what to do with. i bought it for the price but i am 100% happy with mine.

Proform is a direct copy of Holley. Someone in China is completely ripping off an old American company. If you like that kind of shi+, go for it. You are just putting more nails in the coffin that once was American manufacturing.

I've got so many 750 DP's and 800 DP's layin around, I'll just continue to use them.

Well, I have a crap opinion too.
If we, as North Americans, keep sending our money to foreign countries, eventually we will all not have jobs. Nails in the coffin.And the priorities will be; food, shelter, and clothing. And all our cars will be parked. Sure, its just one carb, or one this, or that. But if everyone on the continent put $10 on a pile, think how much foreign debt could be paid down. Pretty soon Foreign countries will own us. And we, through our governments,are still spending huge amounts of money on insane(IMO)things. Yeah I know theres more to it than just that.
So buy a used or rebuilt carb. Problem solved. For a streeter, I recommend something with metering rods, and double boosters. Unless you know very little about carb tuning. Then a big fat rich race-oriented carb will work.
Sorry OP

So what you guys are saying is that the only difference is one is american one is not ?? Never new proform was made in China .... So No real performance / quality difference between the two ?

like i said my proform ran awesome. i don't give a **** if you liked my choice or not. and to be honest your comments really have nothing to do with the OP's question.

Yes it does. He wanted to know which is better. Since Proform is a Holley rip-off and some people happen to have good luck with them, is it better? In what way is it better besides price? I say its "worse" because they blatantly stole Holley's design and they are made in China. He wanted opinions. I gave mine, you gave yours.

I don't think that holley has the adjustability that the proform has. Air bleeds, emulsions and IFR's are pretty important to getting the fuel curve correct.

Yes it does. He wanted to know which is better. Since Proform is a Holley rip-off and some people happen to have good luck with them, is it better? In what way is it better besides price? I say its "worse" because they blatantly stole Holley's design and they are made in China. He wanted opinions. I gave mine, you gave yours.

the proform had billet base plate and metering blocks. and was adjustable everywhere. and the choke horn was never a part of the carb. the proform performed flawlessly. i'd but another in a heartbeat.

and i have a question for ya. where is that computer or phone that you are replying to this thread made?

BG was a blatant rip off of Holley too, should we be knocking them? ProForm parts are cast/billet AL and Holley is still casting in heavy rough zinc. Things evolve and if you cant keep up, move over or step up your game. Look at BG now "ripping off Carter TQ's" with their new series carbs...?

i had the older version of this... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-67200/overview/
thats a hell of a carb...
Finally, an affordable high performance race carburetor! Proform's new Race Series mechanical secondary carburetors are hand-assembled in the U.S.A., utilizing a Proform high-flow carburetor main body. Features include adjustable screw-in air bleeds, high performance down-leg boosters, a high rate airflow section design, a solid billet throttle baseplate, and an adjustable secondary airflow cam bracket. They also have timed and full vacuum tubes for accessories and ease of tuning, a welded throttle shaft, button Torx head throttle plate screws, power valve blowout protection, slip link mechanical linkage, and more.

heres a less adjustable holley. not worth $200 more. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-0-80528-1/overview/

the funny part is that most of those holley parts are probably coming out of the same factory in china as the holley parts are..:)

BG was a blatant rip off of Holley too, should we be knocking them? ProForm parts are cast/billet AL and Holley is still casting in heavy rough zinc. Things evolve and if you cant keep up, move over or step up your game. Look at BG now "ripping off Carter TQ's" with their new series carbs...?

lets not cloud this thread with facts now...:)

Take $100 to the next swap meet in your area,, Buy a used Holley 3310 750/780,, kit it,, and luv it,, and you should get back enuff change for a tasty snack, and brew.. lol.. . jmo..

Don't know anything about ProForm. Been tuning Holleys a long time and never had an issue. Remember; ProForm copied Holley; not the other way around.

Take $100 to the next swap meet in your area,, Buy a used Holley 3310 750/780,, kit it,, and luv it,, and you should get back enuff change for a tasty snack, and brew.. lol.. . jmo..

and by the time you make it as adjustable as the out of the box proform you'll be damn clost to what a new proform cost. :)

I don't think that holley has the adjustability that the proform has. Air bleeds, emulsions and IFR's are pretty important to getting the fuel curve correct.

This guy knows carbs & tuning, I like this answer , the best. How do you know, if Holley's version isn't coming off ,that same overseas assembly line?

the proform had billet base plate and metering blocks. and was adjustable everywhere. and the choke horn was never a part of the carb. the proform performed flawlessly. i'd but another in a heartbeat.

and i have a question for ya. where is that computer or phone that you are replying to this thread made?

No choice on a lot of things. I don't believe there are any phones or computers actually made in USA anymore.

I had a profrom main body on my old 3310 holley (until i swapped on a race demon 750 best race style carb EVER!) it worked pretty good but not as good as the demon did hands down! Also got some profom rocker arm's ONCE & they were the biggest waste of money ever on rockers! Raitos were all over the place! Won't EVER buy again!

Neither...get yourself a Quickfuel best damn carb i ever used...

-
Back