Holley vs proform

-
PROFORM’s new Race Series Carburetor is hand assembled in the U.S. utilizing the PROFORM High-Flow Carburetor Main Body, durable billet metering blocks, and a high performance billet throttle baseplate.

I would bet Holley Does the same, since there is no mention on their website
I am just sayin'

Yes it does. He wanted to know which is better. Since Proform is a Holley rip-off and some people happen to have good luck with them, is it better? In what way is it better besides price? I say its "worse" because they blatantly stole Holley's design and they are made in China. He wanted opinions. I gave mine, you gave yours.

How do you (all, not you specifically) feel when a drug company "steals" another company's drug design and makes a generic version of it charging less than a tenth of the price?

Say you have a heart medicine that is $1,200 per month for the Rx but then the patent expires and another company starts making a generic version out of India for $100 per month. Would you stick with your $1,200 American version or move to the $100 knockoff?

Keep jobs in America for $15,000 per year out of your pocket or move then to India while toy save $14,000 per year?

Proform is a direct copy of Holley. Someone in China is completely ripping off an old American company. If you like that kind of shi+, go for it. You are just putting more nails in the coffin that once was American manufacturing.

That is wrong. Proform carbs are made by QUICK FUEL which are manufactured in BG, KY. There is a stamping inside the fuel bowls that says QFT Pat Pend.

Is it possible that the castings are Chinese? Sure, but what isn't these days? Lighten up, Francis.

Proform carbs are decent actually. I liked mine and as Joe said, they offer a lot of adjust ability. I had no problems with mine other than I am not a genius at tuning it.

To the OP, both carbs are pretty much the same. You would be fine with either one.

so i am was looking to buy a new carb for my 340 and was wondering whats the difference between 750 Holley Ultra Double Pumper and a street series 750 proform carburetor
are you paying the extra 100$ for quality or just the Holley name ???

Holley 750

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-0-76750bl

proform 750

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-67213

To answer the OP's question I'll say this. I run a proform 950. It spends 99% of it's life on the street. It has been to the strip to the tune of 11.74@114 in full street trim. It gets over 10mpg. I can't tell you the exact but before I had a fuel sender that worked I know it did over 10mpg. I've had it on a chassis dyno and the A/F is spot on at idle and at 6200RPM. So my experience with the proform has been excellent. I can't say I've ever heard anything bad about them.

On to the holleys... I've run them with success primarily the HP series carbs. The advanced auto old school holleys need a lot of work to have the functionality of the proform or HP series carbs.

In regards to the American made myths and theories. I don't buy into it. Harley Davidson, you know the ALL AMERICAN MOTORCYCLE? The one that has Honda forks on it and Chinese electronics. Yeah, that one. Or that Toyota car made by a company that employs MANY Americans and has plants and facilities in the US. Even the most diligent "made ion USA buyer is being duped or slips when needed. So please, lets not go there. You'll either be a hypocrite or ignorant when that conversation ends.

No choice on a lot of things. I don't believe there are any phones or computers actually made in USA anymore.

Motorola Moto-X smart phone WAS made in Texas, USA. up until 2015.....but then.."... it seems the Fort Worth plant will shutter due to poor sales of the Moto X coupled with the high labor costs in America..."

Want a USA made laptop, better pony up the Benjamins...but you get some W8 head performance!

http://www.pugetsystems.com/laptop.php
http://www.velocitymicro.com/gaming-laptops.php

but keeping on topic, I like the ProForm/Quickfuel/BG refinements on the Holley design. Dodge boys refined (knocked off?) the Ford head and engine after the built a grip of them for Ford before 1914. Refinement is progression. :cheers:

and by the time you make it as adjustable as the out of the box proform you'll be damn clost to what a new proform cost. :)

Hardly,,

I've been customizing my air bleeds with a spot of epoxy and jet drills for decades,, I haven't spent more than $10 on glue to do over 50 bleeds..

How much is a set of interchangeable bleeds..

Jets are the same,, P/valves, etc all the same,,

He can feed his family for a week on the diff between an old 3310 and a new carb,,

Again... jmo..

Hardly,,

I've been customizing my air bleeds with a spot of epoxy and jet drills for decades,, I haven't spent more than $10 on glue to do over 50 bleeds..

How much is a set of interchangeable bleeds..

Jets are the same,, P/valves, etc all the same,,

He can feed his family for a week on the diff between an old 3310 and a new carb,,

Again... jmo..

there is some value to this statement but.......... buying a used unknown carb is kinda a crap shoot. I think spending a couple hundred buck more on a known brand new carb is worth it in piece of mind.

well i was going for peoples experiences with the two carbs rather then a fight about were one was made... with that said both crabs have parts on it made in china... sad fact ! i would go with a demon carb but cost $$$.... i was comparing Holley and proform only because they were the most close in price for a new carb and wanted to get peoples take on how each of them preformed for them

I have a holley 750 dp I can sell you cheaper than a new one and is an HP!!! That means fully tunable in every aspect!

Proform is a direct copy of Holley. Someone in China is completely ripping off an old American company. If you like that kind of shi+, go for it. You are just putting more nails in the coffin that once was American manufacturing.
I would agree with this but the only issue is ProForm is made in USA also and since they are a mirror copy of the Holley and you can use the main body in the holleys I believe it’s ok to purchase either one and why not save a buck and buy the cheaper one For the money you aren’t gaining anything but that old Holley name and stamp. There’s some that swear the proforms beat Holley in a few ways

I've used both and dyno'd both. HP is very similar between the two. 950 vs. 950. Single digit difference, tipped to the holley.

The proform isn't built as well. The tolerances aren't as close.

-
Back