Homemade chin spoiler looking for some feed back please.

-
Well considering I'm not an inventor like you, by the time I made 4,329 molds, it would be cheaper for me to have someone like you make one and it would be better! :rolleyes:
Wish I knew a better way to do it without you bringing your car all the way up here.

I wonder if that could be made to fit a 76. Anyone know how different the 73-74 bumper is from the 75-76?

Pretty sure the ‘74 bumper with the 5 mph shocks is the same as the ‘75-76 bumper. Not sure but I would bet the ‘73 and ‘74 bumper are the same if the ‘74 didn’t have the shocks. I know the bolt holes are in different places between the non-shock and shock bumpers.

Either way, the shape is pretty much the same from ‘73-76. The brackets would be different though, depending on the bumper mounts. Not sure if the tab you are using on the bumper exists on the shock mounted bumper though, will look at mine later this morning.

Wish I knew a better way to do it without you bringing your car all the way up here.
PM me later and let's discuss this if you will. I'm very interested in having a console made if possible. I would be willing to pay a fair price for the effort it would take to make one.
Thanks!

My '74 shock mounted bumpers do have the tab. An eyeball check makes it look like they are even in about the same spot as the tabs on my '73. Next time I am in the shop and can get under there, I will try and get a center to center measurement to compare.

BTW, I suspect the shock mount at the bar behind the bumper will be in the way.

Here are some pictures from the bottom.

20231223_153802.jpg

20231223_153840.jpg

Well considering I'm not an inventor like you, by the time I made 4,329 molds, it would be cheaper for me to have someone like you make one and it would be better! :rolleyes:

I always wanted a "spoilers by randy" , out of Ark. , he really had a nice one for a 67-8-9 barracuda ...
never could get up the coin , or feel like lettin go of it ...

@Frodee I will look at the strength of the 3D printed ABS and R&D it on the spoiler supports instead of bending metal. We can have my son design something on his computer and print it out. I'll take a closer look at everything when I get one.

The plug was a 2 inch thick sheet of insulation foam board that I carved out and used bondo over that till I got the shape I wanted. Primered it then used a molding wax then mold release and made my mold. The plug was pretty much toast after that. No shrink wrap it's not carbon fiber.
or something that I wanted to show the fiberglass cloth and it's pattern. Took many hours and money to get to be a spoiler. My dad use to make fiberglass dune buggy's when I was a kid so learned a bit from him but really I am far from being an expert. Just enjoy building things.

Have you considered using your mold for a Vacuum formed ABS spoiler?

@Frodee I will look at the strength of the 3D printed ABS and R&D it on the spoiler supports instead of bending metal. We can have my son design something on his computer and print it out. I'll take a closer look at everything when I get one.
Sending yours out soon I'll let you know when I send it.

Made this as the other day. I like it but not something I'll sell.

IMG_20240112_134746313.jpg

IMG_20240112_135930207.jpg

-
Back