hood scoops

-

dartcuda1

67 Barracuda 500ci 6sp
Reaction score
I want to know how many MOPAR people out hear like the look of chey hood scoops on mopars.I think you can have a beautiful mopar and mess the hole thing up by putting one of those cowl induction scoops.MY PERSONAL OPINION. Mark :afro:

i usually agree but at times there is no choice. a forward facing scoop at 150 mph isn't good. thats why you see a lot of cowl hoods.

I have been eyeballing a 4.5-6 inch cowl scoop for my Barracuda for a few years now…I think it would look really good and give me some much needed hood clearance.

Personally I am not a big fan of GM scoops on Mopars. I have seen cowl intuction, L-88, stinger style...I just don't like them. I know that alot of people use the cowl induction hoods because of clearance issuses. What pisses me off even more is when GM people use mopar scoops on their cars. There is am El Camino in my town that has scoops from a 70 340 dart and a 68 Chevelle that has a six pack scoop.

if you like chevy you should buy chevy if you have a mopar keep that way.chry spent a lot of money designing and testing them thay are what thay are becuse thats what works for the car that ther on. thats my apintion and ya know there lika *** holes!

Godfather,
I think its a stretch to say Chrysler sent good money to make sure each scoop was the best for a particular car. I think they had to come out with new scoops all the time for the ever changing brands and models. There is no doubt they sent time and money to put the best scoop they could on a car but I dont think every scoop they made was for that model car and that model car only. Also if Ford or Chevy put a great looking and performing scope on a car first Chrysler would look pretty dumb putting the same scoop on their car even if it out performed what they had developed for their cars.

I think that this convo is over done and over done several times. This is often a topic that gets highly overly charged and leeds to a ton of B.S., name calling and insinuating (sp?) coments.

PERSONAL OPINIONS welcomed, everything else is not.

well yes your right to apoint i know that the cars that were built for raceing thay spent alot .i gess i should have worded it a little defrent?i gess i look back to the 60s for this.wen thay were hot on wining s/s classes. a frend of mine was sponered by chry. with a e/ecno dragster and we spnent alot of time in air tunnel on dif. scoops just to go therw the air.in the 70/80s and was going by what thay had told us.back then. gess i got off track (but i still like mopar on mopar)

I think that this convo is over done and over done several times. This is often a topic that gets highly overly charged and leeds to a ton of B.S., name calling and insinuating (sp?) coments.

PERSONAL OPINIONS welcomed, everything else is not.
ya your 100o/o right but thats what makes it fun

I also hae a street rod and I am firm believer in a ford being a ford and a chevy being a chevy. I am not a purist but I think the brands are not interchangable.

I personally like cowl induction on fast cars where a forward facing scoop isn't really an option and on cars like my aspen that have such ugly hoods to start with.

I love the 340 scoops on Tara's dart and the shaker hoods but
the way I see it if I am building something custom then why not interchange parts for what makes the body lines flow?

I will never but a cheby in a mopar or a furd in a mopar but I might put a mopar in one of them just to piss people off.

I do what I want, when I want, and let the crybabies cry.
There was and are only so many designs available and
if you can come up with something new and better you'll
end up a wealthy man.

I don't like the look of cowl hoods my self and would never put one on my car but to each there own. If that is what you like I have no say in it.

I think if your car does 150mph,put what ever works best!Be it Ford,Mopar or GM.If it does what it,s made for,who cares what it looks like or what brand?Still looking for a Ramcharger scoop for my 66 Dart!!

Well whatever car I end up buying it'll be a cuda or dart from 67-69... so it's going to be a hemi scoop for me! I love those things.... While I'm not a huge fan of cowl-scoops on mopars, I have no problem with them. They're found on everything, GM, Mopar, Ford.... who's to say its JUST a GM scoop now?

super stocks do well over 150 front facing scoops prostocks do over 200 with front facing scoopsthey are a lot faster cars. I see no advanage of a chevy hood scoop.If you took it off and built a bubble around the carbs the car will run the same.A fast car has nothing to do with a reverse hood scoop.If it did the faster cars would have them. It just looks like your trying to look like a chevy.just my opinion.

I prefer REAL hood scoops over cowl scoops. I think they look better and given enough reinforcement, they perform better. All Mopar, all the time.

-
Back