Hooked pulling front wheels then spun

-
Here is a picture of the car launching at Drag week. Again, hooked every pass. Not sure if I cured my unloading problem with the shock adjustments or if will still be there on a less prepared track. Time will tell. I'll be visiting some pretty terrible tracks soon LOL.

Drag Week 12.jpg

Here is a picture of the car launching at Drag week. Again, hooked every pass. Not sure if I cured my unloading problem with the shock adjustments or if will still be there on a less prepared track. Time will tell. I'll be visiting some pretty terrible tracks soon LOL.

View attachment 1715395722

Hard to tell from that picture, but you might tighten the extension on the left front, loosen extension on the RF and see if you can square the car up.

From the picture it doesn't look like you are hitting the tire too hard. Looks good really.

Hard to tell from that picture, but you might tighten the extension on the left front, loosen extension on the RF and see if you can square the car up.

From the picture it doesn't look like you are hitting the tire too hard. Looks good really.
I wish I could do that. Cheap 90/10s up front. Maybe next year I'll set aside the money for Viking Double Adjustable up front.

have you installed frame connector. that made a HUG difference on how it launched.

I have a friend with an altered wheel base car that installed an aftermarket rear sway bar on the car and says it was one of the best improvements he has made to the car.

6231CEF1-E717-4084-9E58-631D1725C193.jpeg

I wish I could do that. Cheap 90/10s up front. Maybe next year I'll set aside the money for Viking Double Adjustable up front.

Usually those shocks are 3 way adjustable. If you have both sides on 90/10, make the the left side 80/20 or even 70/30 and that SHOULD slow the left front down a bit.

I installed a Helwig rear bar on my 69 Swinger just for this reason. The car is not finished yet so the jury is still out on how effective it will be. But in theory it should help.

-
Back