hopin my teeners not fried

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
comin home fro car show on sunday, stopped for a break then decided to smoke the tires, as usual in my idiot state of mind it hit 7000 rpm. carried on then a few miles later, god awful noise and smoke, still ran so i limped her home, pulled driver side valve cover cause so much oil was coming out of breather, n0 7 looked real hot and smoky, pass side n0 2 both push rods slammed through rocker arms. should i just replace them and see how see she runs or investigate no 7 more? the no 7 plug looked fine!:eek:ops:

I would replace the broken parts and see what happens. It might be ok. The stock parts are certainly cheap enough. Good luck.

I'd pull all the pushrods and check if they are straight , replace broken parts and see how it runs . Hope no broken bits did any damage . Good luck

See if you have enough strength with, say a socket, extension, and "something" for a handle, to push the affected valves down "freely." You might' a jus' bent a couple.

Might do well to put an air fitting into that / those cylinders (valve gear off) and see if you can hear leakage in the exhaust or intake

rev limiter, my thoughts exactly. maybe a rev n ator, although i sure like the looks of my chrome ecu

Reminds me of my younger hot rodding days. Work on it all week so we can tear it up again on the weekend.

phon·ics
ˈfäniks/Submit
noun
a method of teaching people to read by correlating sounds with letters or groups of letters in an alphabetic writing system.

Smoke coming from an engine that has valves that are not opening is common.
It's probably fine.

well i replaced rockers, fired up nice but right away blue smoke coming out of breather, also pcv hole on valve cover and dipstick tube when i pulled it out, basically smoke out of every orifice! slight ticking noise, me thinks shes hooped!

Might just have overloaded the rings--drive it a bit, see if it clears up and do a compression test.

EDIT: actually, do the compression test first...if the rings are bad on one piston, driving it will only make it worse.

-
Back