Hot Rod Mag Article

-

Rustyfish

Reaction score
Sort of no nonsense article on 6 different cars and possible mods, a 1972 Scamp among them.

HR Cover.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

Wow! Hot (Chevy) Rod included a MoPar!
Woooooooooooooooooooo!

Can’t read anything on it though.

I used to call those "camaro craft" and "chevy rod", back in the day

looks like fixing the suspension isnt something i can do at home?

what are they saying "needs" to be fixed?

hope this isn't another "every car needs front coil suspension and a 4 link/9" rear" article.

what are they saying "needs" to be fixed?

hope this isn't another "every car needs front coil suspension and a 4 link/9" rear" article.

im not saying they said that at all, i just looked at the picture and its pretty clear the rear springs are sagging and the torsion bars are broken

Actually the 3rd paragraph suggests keeping the torsion bar setup up front and using the spring relocation kit to fit wider tires out back. Presumably with new springs for a lower stance as pictured.

Actuall HRhas been pretty good the past few years. Lots of variety. However there’s been some personnel changes and it appears the rag is going back to its old stale self.

Actuall HRhas been pretty good the past few years. Lots of variety. However there’s been some personnel changes and it appears the rag is going back to its old stale self.
Perhaps, but still nice to see some love in this article.

We’ve done a bunch of Mopar stories over the last few years. I did a cover feature on a Hellcat build, a Hemi powered Dodge “ratty” rod and a feature on that nitro burning Dodge hot rod that hits Drag Week every year.

We’ve done a bunch of Mopar stories over the last few years. I did a cover feature on a Hellcat build, a Hemi powered Dodge “ratty” rod and a feature on that nitro burning Dodge hot rod that hits Drag Week every year.
What do you mean by “We’ve?”

The car is 40 years old. Thats the point
Otherwise, you can buy a miata

Who wants a Miata?

You can set these cars up to flog a miata on a road or AutoX course every day of the week. You just have to pull your head out of the 70's and use the MUCH IMPROVED modern day technology that's available for these cars. Of course, doing that will violate your delicate sensibilities of '70's style because it means using tires that aren't hockey pucks and suspension geometry meant for radial tires.

You want a car that handles like a barge and looks like it was modified by a coked out Hippie, be my guest. But that doesn't mean you have to force your closed minded, outdated opinions on the rest of us just because you'd rather have a car that "looks right" to you than one that actually performs well.

Who wants a Miata?

You can set these cars up to flog a miata on a road or AutoX course every day of the week. You just have to pull your head out of the 70's and use the MUCH IMPROVED modern day technology that's available for these cars. Of course, doing that will violate your delicate sensibilities of '70's style because it means using tires that aren't hockey pucks and suspension geometry meant for radial tires.

You want a car that handles like a barge and looks like it was modified by a coked out Hippie, be my guest. But that doesn't mean you have to force your closed minded, outdated opinions on the rest of us just because you'd rather have a car that "looks right" to you than one that actually performs well.

how bout we try to build a car that looks cool and handles well ?
(not that i care too much about handling, but others seem to)

i allready went up to 15 inch tires, that is the biggest you can go that still looks somewhere decent and only since no one makes N50-14s anymore

how bout we try to build a car that looks cool and handles well ?
(not that i care too much about handling, but others seem to)

i allready went up to 15 inch tires, that is the biggest you can go that still looks somewhere decent and only since no one makes N50-14s anymore

I think my car looks great with 18" rims. I also think 14" rims look stupid. Those are of course my opinions, because how a car looks is totally subjective. You think 15" rims are the biggest wheels that look good? Well that's your opinion. And it doesn't mean you have to crap on everyone that doesn't agree with you.

Now, if you want to handle well, you can't run 14's or 15's anymore. They just don't make street legal tires that are worth a crap for them. Those are the facts. So you're not going to build a car that handles well and "looks cool" by your definition of looking cool. Not gonna happen.

-
Back