Hot Rod Magazine

-
DC sold a k member to put a V8 in a K car, at one time long ago.
And don't forget Bob Glidden had a small block Mopar in an arrow that broke the Pro Stock ET record the first time on the track.
Glidden won the pro stock championship in his Arrow around 1980.

Well, just about ANYTHING can Fit Somethings.... as far as a bolt in, without cutting and welding, well, I ain't sure. Maybe with a motor plate? Id have to get some dimensions, and since I'm not building one....I DO KNOW, they had Arrow Funny Cars!
Back in the middle 70s. Carl Harvey bought John Forces old funny car. He cut the front half of the Monza body off and mounted a front half of a Arrow funny car body to it. He then installed a 366 destroked 426 hemi in it. Then he set the et record for B or C Econo Funny at the Winter Nationals in Tuson AZ. That was about 1977.
Now that car has been changed back to a Monza front end and is in John Force's Museum out there in Loba Linda California.

I have direct tv, cable isn't available out here in the woods
Man, You got it Made then! I'm outside of Tampa, but they are cutting down all the woods, the increasing influx of incoming residents, and everything else makes me wish I was WAY OUT in the woods!.

Back in the middle 70s. Carl Harvey bought John Forces old funny car. He cut the front half of the Monza body off and mounted a front half of a Arrow funny car body to it. He then installed a 366 destroked 426 hemi in it. Then he set the et record for B or C Econo Funny at the Winter Nationals in Tuson AZ. That was about 1977.
Now that car has been changed back to a Monza front end and is in John Force's Museum out there in Loba Linda California.
Sick! Never heard of that one! Always good to learn something new!

Im
Man, You got it Made then! I'm outside of Tampa, but they are cutting down all the woods, the increasing influx of incoming residents, and everything else makes me wish I was WAY OUT in the woods!.
I'm 10 miles from the closest town, neighborhoods on either side of me are a good distance from me, it's walkable in a couple of minutes.

I wonder if their work is as good as it looks on tv? It took GYC's 3 years to restore a 1972 duster and convert it from a slant 6 automatic to a 340 4 speed, I thought they took to long doing that.
I thought they took TOO long TOO.

Would a small block fit in a Plymouth arrow?
Seen it done. The guy Danz in the 9’s through exhaust manifolds. No engine compartment mods done like tearing out the OE sheet metal.
Sometimes
The level of performance sought and the amount of modification is the deal breaker.
Sox and Martin managed to make a Hemi fit.

View attachment 1715968701
Manor work done there buddy! LMAO!
Gotta love it though!

I'm watching ToyMakerz, for some reason the rest of the car programs just quit, seasonal I guess
I used to know a few people in the film industry. When filming a show, it was 3 months on, 3 months off. When the show hits the air, it was season number ***. Then reruns until the next season. The pace was grueling. On the clock 24/7 until it was done.
Car shows like the above may- MAY have constant filming going on because car work is slow. Once there is enough film **** for a season, the crew sends it to editing and producing. Filming could still take place during this time. IDK. The people I knew did “Law & Order” in New York. I think it maybe a little different between the type of shows.

I have MTOD (Motor Trend On Demand) and it seems like a show like Roadkill & others takes breaks on filming. There shooting a certain amount of shows and quitting for a few months. I find it annoying to wait when the new season is a short one of just a few shows. Then next season is nearly double the shows.

I figure, this can not be an easy thing to do, produce a finished amount shows in a given time frame.

We have MotorTrend on the satelitte/ same reruns over and over. They have episodes on Demand also but 99% of the time just reruns. I need to be able to stream on the TV. We have a dumb TV like ME!!!!

I wonder if their work is as good as it looks on tv? It took GYC's 3 years to restore a 1972 duster and convert it from a slant 6 automatic to a 340 4 speed, I thought they took to long doing that.
Sometimes it's because the owner of the car gets the car built on progress payments...

And you can watch Graveyard Carz on you tube.
They have several episodes on there...
I prefer bitchin rides, iron resurrection, Texas metal over roadkill, I know that different people like different things it's that I think that roadkill is silly, how many people do you think would actually own or drive any of the cars that they patch together.

I prefer bitchin rides, iron resurrection, Texas metal over roadkill, I know that different people like different things it's that I think that roadkill is silly, how many people do you think would actually own or drive any of the cars that they patch together.
I agree, it is silly, but when I was a teenager I knew a lot of guys that were piecing together and driving junk, myself included. How we survived, I have no idea. The attraction of the show to me is nostalgia, and wondering what I (we) might have done if we had the money to dump in our junk that they do. Just about every episode I see them do something I or someone I know did.

-
Back