Hot Rod Power Tour 2011

-
Tony, It was great meeting you and Thelma! I had a great time @ the Chrysler museum, since it was my first time going there, AND being a senior!! Ha ha ha ha!
That was alot of fun! Also tell Thelma a big thanks for explaining what a "wedge" salad is!! Could have been big trouble for you and me!!
Your car looks fantastic, and I'm so glad that you all made it home safe and sound!!
Again, thank you so much for the gift! I haven't found a place for it yet, but it looks pretty good in the top of my tool box for now!

Attachments

• DSCN1176.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 234
More VA Home pics...my hat is off to all the Vets

Attachments

• DSCF3202 (Medium).jpg
    126 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCF3200 (Medium).jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF3196 (Medium).jpg
    142 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCF3192 (Medium).jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCF3188 (Medium).jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCF3187 (Medium).jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 236
Tony, It was great meeting you and Thelma! I had a great time @ the Chrysler museum, since it was my first time going there, AND being a senior!! Ha ha ha ha!
That was alot of fun! Also tell Thelma a big thanks for explaining what a "wedge" salad is!! Could have been big trouble for you and me!!
Your car looks fantastic, and I'm so glad that you all made it home safe and sound!!
Again, thank you so much for the gift! I haven't found a place for it yet, but it looks pretty good in the top of my tool box for now!

Thanks Steve!

We like the pic!

Some more

Attachments

• DSCF3297 (Medium).jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCF3266 (Medium).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCF3256 (Medium).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF3241 (Medium).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCF3242 (Medium).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF3237 (Medium).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCF3236 (Medium).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCF3234 (Medium).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF3226 (Medium).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCF3240 (Medium).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 245
Thx for the great pics Tony. I have to admit my fave is the one taken by your friend Terry. His reflection in the 1/4 panel is mirror-like in the black paint!!

Over 3800 miles.....so cool. I bet you guys made lots of new friends along the way. It looks like a really fun experience....Congrats on the Power Tour and a great build of the Cuda :thumrigh:

Thx for the great pics Tony. I have to admit my fave is the one taken by your friend Terry. His reflection in the 1/4 panel is mirror-like in the black paint!!

Over 3800 miles.....so cool. I bet you guys made lots of new friends along the way. It looks like a really fun experience....Congrats on the Power Tour and a great build of the Cuda :thumrigh:

Thanks C

Great fun it was! You can't tell what color the car is in Terry's pic. You
couldn't get that image if you tried. They just show up.

Made lots of new friends.

Told the Dynomax guys I was retiring after this one unless it came thru or
was close to Indiana in the future. They said.......we want your 'Cuda in
the booth if that happens. Those guys are great!

Here's the group that stuck together the whole trip.

Matt and Ryan on the left with Dynomax, then Barry Dorn in the Holley
rainsuit (BarrysPentastars.com) then me and Thelma. Chris is on the
end...he is Barry's friend from New Castle, IN and Florida.

The bottom pic is Matt and Thelma....quite the contrast don't you think

Attachments

• ThelmaMatt (Medium).jpg
    118 KB · Views: 222
  • GroupPhoto (Medium).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 216
MI sucked weather was crap not to many cars made it over to the warren center after the beach maybe seen 100 cars out of 2000 they said at the beach witch is 20 miles sway
sad thing is most of the cars i seen friday in warren were local cars

MI sucked weather was crap not to many cars made it over to the warren center after the beach maybe seen 100 cars out of 2000 they said at the beach witch is 20 miles sway
sad thing is most of the cars i seen friday in warren were local cars

Yep, weather was miserable and cold. We had been suffering from 95-100
degree temps until we hit Mich. Then it was in the 60's. That's quite a change
on the old bodies.

On Saturday on the 11th we had around 1500 cars at The Long Hauler Ceremony at the GM proving grounds.
Great weather for that. We got to drive
on the tracks....didn't hear about any restrictions either. Put the 'Cuda on
the bank track...scared the wife...the car did very well. The wife was concerned
the car would slide down the track if the speed wasn't great enough. That was
not a problem.:thumrigh:

One of the straight stretches looked to be a mile long. Kept catching
the old man in the econobox in front of me. Yes all cars are welcome
on The Tour.....rental cars are frowned on.

Tony, I came to Montgomery hoping to meet you. I walked through the whole area 3 times and asked some if they had seen you and told me they saw you on the road. I was so hot you may have been at motel. I got there a little after 12 and left about 3:30 and came back to Tuscaloosa. I was in my red 67 GT. Sorry I missed you, Joe

"The Suds" in Greenwood, Indiana

More pics by Terry Robinholt

Attachments

• CudaSuds (Medium).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Suds004 (Medium).jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Suds003 (Medium).jpg
    102 KB · Views: 235
  • Suds (Medium).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 223
Tony, I came to Montgomery hoping to meet you. I walked through the whole area 3 times and asked some if they had seen you and told me they saw you on the road. I was so hot you may have been at motel. I got there a little after 12 and left about 3:30 and came back to Tuscaloosa. I was in my red 67 GT. Sorry I missed you, Joe

Sorry we missed you Joe

We were in the Dynomax booth every day until the venue closed at 6
to 6:30.

I was parked next to track about half way down. It slipped up on me and I made a last min decision to come. A friend rode with me as his Judge lost brakes just before we left town. He had went to gas station to top it off while waiting on me to get there and was on his way home when he lost all sign of brakes. Turned out to be bonded lining turned loose and broke wheel cylinder. Glad he wasn't behind me when he lost brakes. Maybe can catch you later, Joe

More

Attachments

• DSCF3308 (Medium).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 194
  • DSCF3301 (Medium).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCF3300 (Medium).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF3296 (Medium).jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCF3294 (Medium).jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF3289 (Medium).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF3259 (Medium).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF3284 (Medium).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF3235 (Medium).jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 200
I'm going to enlarge one of the photos, of our cars together, for my garage. Thanks for sharing all your photos of this tour. Christopher

What a great trip yall got to enjoy Tony and Thelma :color:
Inspirational and proud that this was a great memory you will always enjoy and share with your family and friends.
The Cuda made it as did you and Thelma :thumrigh: Wow!! I enjoyed going through this thread this morning again :happy2: You are one of the great MoPar men that keeps on keeping on in life :thumrigh:
Thank you for all the smiles you have brought to me and all my friends and family here on the hill.
I showed this thread to Treva and she said this is something we need to do soon and get away from here job and my daily routine :smile:
Here ya go, we walked out to the west end of our property and picked some black berries yesterday :love10: I like eating them raw, but Treva and I enjoyed cooking up a cobbler with them
Hope to here from you soon Tony :smile:
I had to save a couple of your pictures for a posable book of my time here on FABO :color:

Attachments

• HotRodPic.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Father's day 2011 059.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Father's day 2011 060.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Father's day 2011 069.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 153
Thanks Mike and Treva!

Those look yummy.....I want some:smile:

We had a blast on The Power Tour...the 'Cuda was such
a pleasure to drive.

Take care,
Your Indiana Bro

Glad to se ya had a good time Tony.Nice to hear the fish ran well.Would have liked to have driven along with ya,maybe some day(dreamer).

-
Back