How could anyone be this mean

-
WOW, yes, they did. You knew what I meant. And don't forget the person or persons who found it.

Last edited:
I have stated in a different thread that I would not throw the first punch in a fight. I will make an exception for the kind of low life scum that torture animals for fun. Most disgusting people.

cats get a raw deal

there are people who specifically target cats

Obviously those who helped the cat in the OP are doing good.

How do you not know that a 4 year old child may have thought to give the kitty a necklace, or something else innocent like that? Perhaps the cat just got caught in zipties, like seagulls in six-pack plastics?
One could just as easily look at that and see that people have given of their hearts, and their most precious commodity, time, to care for a mere animal that they could have more easily just put down. I see good, I see redemption of man.

yea, you keep telling yourself that..

I agree, me too. The wife makes me turn the channel when the Humane Society for abused animals come on.
Sad, and yes quite often animal abuse leads to human abuse.
I could have done without seeing that.

But yeah, that sucks.

Assholes.

Hopefully karma.

It's a fact that the first prosecuted for domestic abuse were prosecuted using cruelty to animal laws.
In Iowa it seams all we here about is prosecution of neglect of animals, no feed no water and it's usually horses and dogs.

As I get older I seem to get more compassionate I hate to see anything suffer, every living creature just wants to live and survive. But I do have to agree there's not much more and vicious than house cats that killed for fun not one creature that smaller than them is safe from a brutal slow death inflicted by their claws or chew off one leg or mame it just enough that it can't get away and amuse itself till it slowly takes its last breath yeah cats kind of suck that way!

In my almost 66 years I’ve seen lots of things that made me shake my head and asked WHY, why would anyone do something like this. Then I think again at what goes on daily with people murdering others for no reason. Well a local cat shelter near me posted this up today. I guess someone thought it would be cool to put a wire tie on a cat. I know a couple places I would like to put wire ties too. View attachment 1715867576View attachment 1715867577View attachment 1715867578View attachment 1715867579View attachment 1715867580

i have a few family members that cruel and wicked-> it’s like the character Doc Holiday said in Tombstone, “There is a hole in their soul that can’t be filled”,…those people try to fill it with wicked entertainment, but are empty inside. Usually people do that in their youth and grow out of it but there are people like Ed ?Gein.? (Spelling?) and others.

I don’t like to see fake horror, let alone real torture. I hope that you are doing well.

As I get older I seem to get more compassionate I hate to see anything suffer, every living creature just wants to live and survive. But I do have to agree there's not much more and vicious than house cats that killed for fun not one creature that smaller than them is safe from a brutal slow death inflicted by their claws or chew off one leg or mame it just enough that it can't get away and amuse itself till it slowly takes its last breath yeah cats kind of suck that way!
Cats and other critters do toy and play with their pray, but to them is that what they are doing? I've never seen an animal put a tie wrap on a human or tie one up in a garbage bag and throw it away. When people do cruel things to animals, they know what they are doing and enjoy it, Says a lot about the human race.

I have stated in a different thread that I would not throw the first punch in a fight. I will make an exception for the kind of low life scum that torture animals for fun. Most disgusting people.
Not necessarily towards you, but for any youth that read your post->try to ignore, talk your way out of conflict (IF possible) and walk away if possible (“When all lesser means have failed or cannot be reasonably employed”-{part of the definition of when to use deadly force}), BUT BUT BUT!, don’t ever let them strike first.

this coming from someone that stood up for several friends at age 17 and let the younger, much larger bully get the first punch. Huge life-lesson mistake. He put my nose under my eyeball. I could not see anything but red for 2 eternal minutes of a brutal fight. My nose is still crooked. He quit fighting because I was past the point of fear, or self preservation. I wasn’t going to quit. (Although I put my knee through his forehead and it did not phase him.)
People, if you HAVE to fight, there isn’t any honor anymore (unless among friends and I simply don’t understand that mentality) so don’t fight fair or strike second.

fight for a good reason, fight to win, fight dirty if necessary. There is little logic in mercy when pressed to conflict and beyond confrontation.

Not necessarily towards you, but for any youth that read your post->try to ignore, talk your way out of conflict (IF possible) and walk away if possible (“When all lesser means have failed or cannot be reasonably employed”-{part of the definition of when to use deadly force}), BUT BUT BUT!, don’t ever let them strike first.

this coming from someone that stood up for several friends at age 17 and let the younger, much larger bully get the first punch. Huge life-lesson mistake. He put my nose under my eyeball. I could not see anything but red for 2 eternal minutes of a brutal fight. My nose is still crooked. He quit fighting because I was past the point of fear, or self preservation. I wasn’t going to quit. (Although I put my knee through his forehead and it did not phase him.)
People, if you HAVE to fight, there isn’t any honor anymore (unless among friends and I simply don’t understand that mentality) so don’t fight fair or strike second.

fight for a good reason, fight to win, fight dirty if necessary. There is little logic in mercy when pressed to conflict and beyond confrontation.
I don't generally get into fights, I do try to de-escalate things as much as possible. My post in the other thread referred to that, as well as the fact that I stand 6'7" tall, and tip the scales at about 300 lbs, and when I have had to resort to fighting back, most opponents don't come back for more after the first shot.
Yes, I do agree with you, good advice to avoid confrontation, especially in today's world where you never know what weapons someone might have.

I don't generally get into fights, I do try to de-escalate things as much as possible. My post in the other thread referred to that, as well as the fact that I stand 6'7" tall, and tip the scales at about 300 lbs, and when I have had to resort to fighting back, most opponents don't come back for more after the first shot.
Yes, I do agree with you, good advice to avoid confrontation, especially in today's world where you never know what weapons someone might have.
Except for you B I G guys, allowing the instigator to strike first can get you killed.

Think about this. How many helpless animals are not found before the inevitable happens? At least this cat was saved.

Well, after 8 hours of dragging there are only a few bones attached. :D
Have to think of a better way to deal with animal abusers, chipper/ shredder ?

I knew a guy who committed suicide with a large ty-wrap about 25 years ago…kept it in the back of my mind until this post popped up…

In my almost 66 years I’ve seen lots of things that made me shake my head and asked WHY, why would anyone do something like this. Then I think again at what goes on daily with people murdering others for no reason. Well a local cat shelter near me posted this up today. I guess someone thought it would be cool to put a wire tie on a cat. I know a couple places I would like to put wire ties too. View attachment 1715867576View attachment 1715867577View attachment 1715867578View attachment 1715867579View attachment 1715867580
I've got a .45 slug for the moron that did that.

Think about this. How many helpless animals are not found before the inevitable happens? At least this cat was saved.

I have to force myself not to think about all the animals that make it to the county "shelters" only to be mass euthanized by the tens of thousands per year, per county.

WTF have we become?

I have to force myself not to think about all the animals that make it to the county "shelters" only to be mass euthanized by the tens of thousands per year, per county.

WTF have we become?
Yeah. It's tough for cat owners, because the percentage of cats euthanized is vastly greater. I just huge my babies and they make me feel better.

The last figures I had was 2015 and it was 17K, 12K cats.

We're not even a major metro county.

I can only image what a county like Miami-Dade, or even Tampa/Hillsborough does.

Insane.

...and most of the Sheriffs are adamantly against TNR.

Why?

-
Back