How do I fix my armrests, and how do I protect my dash?

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
A couple questions that I think should be easy for some of you here. I'm missing one arm rest for my 1970 duster and the other seems to be held on with duct tape. How do I properly secure these on? The armrests are one of three small things that prevent my interior from being perfect. Oh, and if someone has a black driver side armrest for sale please let me know...

100_1070.jpg

100_1071.jpg

Next question: my dash is perfect. How do I make it stay that way? The car has been garaged its whole life and it will continue to be garaged but I want to take whatever steps I can to preserve it, if anything else can be done. Is there a product that you guys can recommend, like armorall? I have seen some people claim that this is actually worse for the dash in the long run, so I don't know.

100_1072.jpg

replace the arm rests with new ones and use baby oil to keep your dash pad looking like new for many many years

The arm rests are held in with two big screws from underneath. They make reproduction arm rests as well as the plastic part. I use Meguiars products, but actually for the interior I use Lemon Pledge. It contains some oils and doesn't leave that fake shine, and it doesn't feel oily like some products.

Looks like at least one of your arm rest bases is broke. Will need a new one. I just use a sun visor front and back.

-
Back