how do i talk the mother inlaw into leting my fiance buy this? lol

-
Permission ??? What's that !
well it was my mother inlaws idea that since we are both in college we should stay at their house to make it easier on us. But we had to agree on letting her in on any big financial decisions. Lol she still thinks I should sell my duster and get a newer car. Lmfao never going to happen.

I dont think your gonna win this one,let this one go and when you can "truly" afford one another will come around

Bob

found this on craigslist my fiance really wants. we are thinking of taking out a small loan to buy it. the problem is her mom just helped pay to get the jeep fixed. the jeep is still technically her moms but we are the only ones who drive it. so i can for see her getting mad because we dont need a third car and the jeep just got fixed and where will you park it blaw blaw blaw.... lol what are all the good argument points i can use to help her get this car? lol
If you have the coin,just buy the dam thing! Tell her if you ever needed money,the car could be sold for a profit! You could make a couple bucks..

Buy the car, fix it up and throw a bargain paint job on it and flip it. Pay your mother in law back the borrowed money for the jeep and I guarantee you you'll never get heat about another purchase. In her eyes it's gone from an irresponsible action into a responsible/resourceful one.

I wouldn't Borrow money from your mother in law to buy a car for your fiance. What if your wife finds out. :banghead:

Seriously Don't live with relatives, borrow or loan money to them

rofl well like i said this was more for fun to see what kinda of arguments everyone could come up with. I was never going to barrow money from my mother inlaw it would have been my bank .lol I told my fiance just wait a few months and ill find her one. As for the living thing this actualy really helps as we use to live in longview which is about 40 miles from the school. This house in ridgefield is only 10 miles away. It is also a big four bedroom in the country that only my mother inlaw and her boyfriend lived in. She needed help around the property because he is a lazy *** but other than that a good guy. So i do things like fixed the roof, work on all the cars if needed, landscaping, redid the kitchen and other things that they wouldn't get done otherwise. Seriously they had boxes of granite for the kitchen for 6years and never installed it lol. We all get along great its been a year now. yes there are small arguments but just normal family stuff and not that often. Over all i am very grateful for our current situation and how much easier it makes going to school full time to create a better future for us and our children.(when we decide to have some and that wont be for awhile lol)

Demon says

"Dude...your problem isn't a car buying problem, it's a future mother-in-law problem. Mother-in-laws are like door to door sales people; once they are in your house they will never leave!"

Problem is with this is, he is in her house ,she gets to make the rules

Bob

Problem is with this is, he is in her house ,she gets to make the rules

Bob[/QUOTE]

yup lol she isnt that bad about it though she likes to look at it more as two couples sharing a house than the kids. the top part of the house is all ours and can do basicly what we want to it. she also let me put in a pool, a office and redo the upstairs bathroom. quote from her " why not it will be your house eventually anyway" on the side note she is leaving everything to us and nothing to her boyfriend rofl im not looking forward to that conversation when it happens.

Don't spend money you don't have. It is so easy to borrow money and then you can never get it paid off. This can be a very hard lesson to learn and one I am still teaching my wife!

It does look like a nice car for a fair price.

For what it's worth. What I would do is when I see a muscle with a for sale sign I'll stop and check it out if my wife is with me. Usually I can point out something wrong like rust or poor paint or anything before we stop. She gets to see the asking price is five to ten times what a decent slant six A-body is - kinda puts things in perspective.

I'll tell you what she is going to say. " A loan? to buy a car? why didn't you take out a loan to pay for the Jeep to get fixed?" And I think she would have a good point. If you can't afford to pay cash for a toy, you should pass on it.

Can't pay cash then pass on it. She will just have to get over it.

X4. All of the above

And I'll tell you something else. If you think you are headed towards marriage with "so little" money that your in law has to fix your cars, or loan you money for something that cheap, YOU cannot afford to get married.

-
Back