how do you feel about electric performance cars?

-
As already stated there’s nothing that will substitute for the scream of a powerful engine sucking air. Modern auto styling is great but I’m stuck in the
60s and 70s.

So with the Global Warming effecting Dallas Texas, 400,000 without electric , how are you charging those electric cars? Even here on Long Island with some of the storms we've had some people have been without power for 4-5 days. So again tell me why we all should be driving Tesla's or Volts.
It's the deaths due to this backwards thinking that will be whitewashed.

Electric performance cars ?
I would rather have a root canal.

And you think we have stress on our power grid now ?
Wait until everyone plugs their cars in. :eek:

Don't see where I updated the findings on electricity consumption.

After installing the 240v charging station (it comes with a 110v "universal").

The additional cost to their electric bill comes out at about $25-$30 per month.

That's pretty darn efficient.

At the cost of about what your water heater costs, it's practically zero drain on "the grid".

...and if you install a solar water heater system, that almost makes it free.

The additional cost to their electric bill comes out at about $25-$30 per month.

At the cost of about what your water heater costs, it's practically zero drain on "the grid".

Not right now in Texas

And all you oil workers can go build solar panels to, Right ?

The outages could be helped with underground electric.. Most new developments have it...

B.S. , THE SUN HAS BEEN OUT ABOUT 20 MINUTES IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS HERE , EXCEPT FOR ONE DAY , IT WASOUT ABOUT 3-4 HRS , THAT WAS LAST WEEK !!

The outages could be helped with underground electric.. Most new developments have it...
I have underground utilities here. We have lost power 5-10 days in a row, several times in the last decade. Underground is always fed by other parts of the grid that are above-ground.

I have underground utilities here. We have lost power 5-10 days in a row, several times in the last decade. Underground is always fed by other parts of the grid that are above-ground.
That makes too much sense, are you sure underground electricity isn't made underground? lmao

I realized that.. I'm the last Pole holder in my neighborhood and the rest goes underground... It definitely is no surefire method unless the sources are protected.. and retrofitting is just too expensive... Which lead you back to having a gas-powered generator to charge your car LOL... of course only in these extreme situations...

I make long trips to the midwest and north west. 300+ miles per fill up, 5+ hours of driving at a time through the middle of nowhere. 15-30 min stops. How is that ever going to work with an electric car? Not in my lifetime...

This Tesla was a different animal and a experience you all should have before you give an opinion. I would love one for a daily driver stop light to stop light in traffic. Sneaky and very quick.

there was one at drag week a couple years ago.. think it was running 11's.

I make long trips to the midwest and north west. 300+ miles per fill up, 5+ hours of driving at a time through the middle of nowhere. 15-30 min stops. How is that ever going to work with an electric car? Not in my lifetime...

tesla claims if you plan your trip properly that there is a charge station about every 172 miles. and their super chargers at the charge stations will give you a 80% charge in 15-20 minutes..

was just a dealership the other day.. their model 3 would go like 250 on a charge. if you bought the bigger battery option it would go about 350 miles on a charge they said.. car is really nice.. i'd like to schedule a test drive.. they are still too expensive though..

I agree not in our lifetime because it's not efficient enough yet. I think the whole idea is for not in our lifetime...

So with the Global Warming effecting Dallas Texas, 400,000 without electric , how are you charging those electric cars? Even here on Long Island with some of the storms we've had some people have been without power for 4-5 days. So again tell me why we all should be driving Tesla's or Volts.

generator :)

-
Back