How do you keep leaves out of your guters

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Well its almost fall #-o for years i have had to clime up the ladder to clean leaves out ot the gutter.So what do you guys use to keep leaves out.There are many products out there but would like some feed back what works and what does not.Thanks in advance.:D

i dont have gutters lol. problem solved.

i've heard of something called "gutter helmet" advertised on the radio all the time

My neighbor suggested to use a leaf blower to clean out the leaves, and it works great...

my bosses house has the screen crap on it and i cuss all the time when i have to clean them out because its not leaves but deteriorated leaves stuck in the bottom. Eventually the gutters get filled with a mud like substance. The screens scrape your hands all to hell and leave you begging for mercy. Also the screens get messed up and do not stay on the gutters very well and you fight longer with the screens.

There was a product out there that covered the gutter but the water would still flow inthe gutter but i have no clue what it was called.

remove the gutter or clean them out yearly as maintenance.

Dad owned a gutter business for years. Products have changed over the years but he sold the crap out of something called Gutter Guard. It was a metal louvered looking thing that laid in the gutter, on top of the spikes/hangers and under the lip in the front.

Very similar to this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax...u=100009044&ci_src=328768002&ci_sku=100009044

crap could still lay up on top of it but normally it was not enough to stop the water from hitting the gutter...

Leaf blower? Hmmm...you are on the ground, gutter is at least 8' in the air....hmmmm.....

Dad owned a gutter business for years. Products have changed over the years but he sold the crap out of something called Gutter Guard. It was a metal louvered looking thing that laid in the gutter, on top of the spikes/hangers and under the lip in the front.

Very similar to this

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax...u=100009044&ci_src=328768002&ci_sku=100009044

crap could still lay up on top of it but normally it was not enough to stop the water from hitting the gutter...

I check that yesterday looks good,.Thanksss

Cut all of the trees down, or remove the gutters. :D

I would love to do just that but there are trees every were. i am up and down the ladder like 10 times in the fall and 5 times in the spring,now there is a foam that you put in the gutter called gutter stuff.

Climb on the roof with a ladder....

I have a low pitch and can walk on my roof.

I got that, but with the stuff my dad used to use no climbing on the roof was necessary.....unless your place is surrounded by trees....

You'll be able to hire you an illegal alien or two for cheap if they keep comin in. Sooner or later, they'll get up your way.

I purchased Gutter Helmets about ten years ago after a good friend had great experience with them. They were expensive but I haven't cleaned out the gutters since I got them. I could NOT use a leaf blower as the leaves decomposed and left a heavy mud.

-
Back