How many miles do you put on you A-body?

-
I drive my 65 Formula S as often as I can to shows, for a cruise, or just for fun ride to the store. in the spring, summer, fall, and early winter. Now she is back with me in Chicago area and I am back doing my thing. Once we get snow and they start salting roads we are done and she gets put away for winter, just started once and awhile for a warm up. We did put on at least 700 plus miles with a very nice trip all the way to Southern Illinois University where my wife went to school many years ago, just for a nice cruise and visit. I also got a couple trophies this summer at shows which makes me smile as my car needs a paint job still, but gets attention as she is very original looking and rare to many! As under the hood it is clean and looks like a 273 4bbl rocker they don't get the upgraded front disc brakes and larger rally wheels as not being original.

65Cudalover

Very interesting I have had my Duster for 23 years never been a daily driver or a show car but more of a junk yard dog/low buck street car. It probably has less than 5000 miles on it in all them years, most in the first 5 years. It was never built with the intentions of what I would consider a daily driver. Most of the reason it was built that way was back then I had a 69 Charger as my baby, and would have slant 6 and 318 cars as my drivers, so the duster was my go comb for Camaros and Mustang car! After a few years I started having kids, Duster under a tarp, Charger sold to make room in the garage. So now years later I want to Drive it! But now my Idea of performance isn't as much "blazing down the quarter mile" but more of a driver I could take places, with out headers draggin', gauges that actually tell me what's going on, I could do with out the fancy foot work at the stop sign to keep it from stalling. Sometimes I think it would be so much easier to just buy a new hemi car, but what fun would that be?

Attachments

• 649.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 98
I put about 7000 miles a year from May to October. Last year I spent $8000 on gas. I haven't tallied it yet this year but I ran a lot less race gas so I know the total will be less.

It's not the miles it's the memories.
I find joy in every mile!
A friend was lamenting that he only used his boat 25 hours one year, I said but what wonderful hours and I bet him he remembered all of them and the fun with friends & family.

My A body is my daily driver so about 20000 miles over the past three years for me, so about 6-7000 miles a year.

I took my Duster on a 2400km (1500mile) roadtrip 2 years ago, but I've driven it less than that total since...

My 68 dart sedan is my main transportation. I drive it all year round and it sees about 7000 miles a year. Mild 318,904 trans.,3.21 gears. No A/C ,manual steer.,manual brakes.Try to restore one and drive it every day !! On a shoe string budget. Don't lose hope !!! You'll get there.

'66 Barra Form S...I drive her about 700 miles a year....mostly back road country driving, nice and relaxing...Good stress reliever sometimes!...The simplicity of the motors back then or as some would less technogically advanced, brings back memories when I was growing up when things were less hectic and simpler...no cell phones, dvd's, dvr's and black & white tv's!

-
Back