How much HP and what do you think it will run.

-
Not to start a huge brawl as many will disagree but you as the owner set the parameters of the dyno pull. You set shift points. If you are concerned give them a lower RPM threshold like say 5000. Protects your motor and gives you a pretty good indication. Obviously you will not be able to see full potential or tune to it but it gives you some validation? Just thinking outside the box here a bit.
That is something to think about to protect my motor.

Man I hope it makes that. I was going to have him port them to max wedge size but the money got tight. I might get them done when I go to a bigger cam later if I ever do.
Is your intake manifold a 4500 or 4150 ?

All I can say is if you have never had experience with 512 ci of torque monster , you are going to **** yourself the first time you stand on the loud peddle. Mine is 512 RB Indy EZ opened to MW Comp ,264/268 @50 630 SR. 10.5/1. Indy intake Thumper 1050 Dommie.

All I can say is if you have never had experience with 512 ci of torque monster , you are going to **** yourself the first time you stand on the loud peddle. Mine is 512 RB Indy EZ opened to MW Comp ,264/268 @50 630 SR. 10.5/1. Indy intake Thumper 1050 Dommie.
That sounds pretty badass

You guys are making me want to dig out my paperwork from all those years ago on my 440 build. We moved shops so not sure exactly where it is? But I was just north of 500CI on my build but I want to say less than 510? I bought what was then a standard stroker kit from Ohio. This was about ten years ago, maybe? I did not do anything fancy just the standard base line stroker kit. I can’t wait to see how this thread ends up once his motor has breath of life. To @Carnut68 point while there are certainly bigger stronger motors out there anything in the 500CI range will get your attention and sling you around the inside of the car! The feeling of just plain guttural power and torque is amazing. Love me some big block!

I was going to have him port them to max wedge size but the money got tight.

I assume that means the heads are std port now.
On my bench, unported(as in no porting or blending) std port Victors flow about 320.

If that’s the current configuration, I’d expect the motor to be well short of 700hp(if it were dynoed here).

As for the ET, way more variables involved there…….
But, assuming an appropriate converter for whatever the cam is, not spinning, correct gearing, no fuel delivery or ignition woes, under 3300lbs…….should get into the mid-10’s easy enough.

Last edited:
You guys are making me want to dig out my paperwork from all those years ago on my 440 build. We moved shops so not sure exactly where it is? But I was just north of 500CI on my build but I want to say less than 510? I bought what was then a standard stroker kit from Ohio. This was about ten years ago, maybe? I did not do anything fancy just the standard base line stroker kit. I can’t wait to see how this thread ends up once his motor has breath of life. To @Carnut68 point while there are certainly bigger stronger motors out there anything in the 500CI range will get your attention and sling you around the inside of the car! The feeling of just plain guttural power and torque is amazing. Love me some big block!
Did ya dig out your paperwork?

Did ya dig out your paperwork?
Nope. Pure lazy. I do remember when designing the build that getting to 600 HP was relatively easy and durable. Everything North of 600 HP (no Nitrous) to dollars is not linear. The cost per HP raised dramatically as did ability to run on pump premium which was one of my design parameters. Thus I went with a much less dramatic build. By same token I have not opened motor in ten years and I run it pretty hard. I did convert to EFI a few years back which I would argue was smartest thing I ever did. But in my defense I am the worlds laziest tuner, and not the best at getting every ounce of power out of a carb. I am at best a hobby racer. I had to be realistic in both my abilities as a tuner and my commitment level. I just go to the track for fellowship a few beers make a few consistent passes and hope not to wrench on car between rounds. I envy the guys like yourself, YR, Pittsburg Racer and others that “actually“ build and race. I just have to many other irons in the fire.

I assume that means the heads are std port now.
On my bench, unported(as in no porting or blending) std port Victors flow about 320.

If that’s the current configuration, I’d expect the motor to be well short of 700hp(if it were dynoed here).

As for the ET, way more variables involved there…….
But, assuming an appropriate converter for whatever the cam is, not spinning, correct gearing, no fuel delivery or ignition woes, under 3300lbs…….should get into the mid-10’s easy enough.
What HP do you think it would put out. Just trying to figure out what I got. My engine builder said I have probably have 675ish +or- a few.

My engine builder said I have probably have 675ish +or- a few.

He built it……..his guess is as good as anyones.

The fact is………depending on the dyno service being used, the numbers could easily vary by 50hp.
Then throw in the variable of exactly what the cam specs are, along with whether the heads/intake are std or MW port size, and if they have rec’d any work in an effort to enhance the flow.

As the saying goes, “it’s hard tellin not knowin”.

-
Back