How much would a fully done slant six cylinder head cost?

-

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Im talkin fully ported and pollished, big stainless valves, milled, modified spring perches, ect.. As done up as possible!

go to slantsix.org and ask the question
there is a person that does just heads on there and he would be able to give a price, but remember it depends on what shape your head is in hwenhe gets it.

Just ask here for 66aCuda I think check memike thread he got one from him.

Probably around a grand.

well lets see

100 bucks for valves
50 for springs
think it was 200 to mill .110 off
machine guides for positive lock seals and springs was 50
hardened seats and bronze guides 3 angle VJ 400
porting will be a big chunk 500+
new pushrods possibly 140 (get three extras!!)
new longer studs for the intake face was 50 bucks

just off the top of my head

where did you get the valves. I paid around$30.00 a piece fo my oversize units

if you go the engine builder valves off ebay there pretty cheap and the same stock manely uses to build there valves...

Clifford sells theirs for like 170 or something? there made by SI valves in Simi valley (thats what i had in mine until all the exhaust valves galled/stuck...

i dont think ferra has them on the shelf anymore either...

about 700'ish

there are only 12 seats to grind, port, big valves are cheap, 6 hard seats, mill.

yeah, about that.

also have to machine the valve guides down so they dont hit the retainer, and machine for seals (might as well)

I paid $1500 ish and went with who I think is the best,Mike Jefferies.Best money I spent on the car and now have a world record because of him.Guzzi Mark

I paid $1500 ish and went with who I think is the best,Mike Jefferies.Best money I spent on the car and now have a world record because of him.Guzzi Mark

Indeed you do and congratulations on that.

"I paid $1500 ish and went with who I think is the best,Mike Jefferies.Best money I spent on the car and now have a world record because of him.Guzzi Mark"

Where is he located??

I was going to say, depends on the shop but I'd expect to drop $1200-1500 for a competition ported head.

also have to machine the valve guides down so they dont hit the retainer, and machine for seals (might as well)

You cut'em yourself.

You can buy the cutter and use a frickin drill motor...
Though thats really cheap for a shop to do as well.

There's a lot more to it than just having a head that flows.

It's never only one thing that makes the cake.

A lot of people can do the head work he does, they just not touted about the / community.

And my VERY obvious point was that there is more to it than just a head, the rest of the package has to be there...let alone the driver....:roll:

yeah...what'u know, it may of been a compliment..

You havent responded to a lot of my posts directed at you, why start now.

Just wondering,I only read and respond about 1th a month when I am not busy.Yes i have dialed my car to what I think is the best.But still believe without Jefferies head and help I wouldnt have a record.Might change my opinion when anyone gets within 1 second of my best run in b/gas.I will being going for A/gas record but will bee 200lbs heavier than the current holder.Then I will add 350lbs and go for Mikes record.I agree it wasnt just the head that got me where I am at,just trying to give credit due to where I think it should go,Guzzi Mark

Re reading.dont know what posts I havent responded to.And the driver owner is the weak link in my combo.Guzzi Mark...Owner,Driver

-
Back