How to work under the dash

-

383Duster

Reaction score
when you are 60 years old..............

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 474
Take the seats out! Then throw some quilts in there for more padding. Knee pads help as well.

Now why didn't I think of that, and it's easier then pulling the seats out by yourself!

Didn't take me long to decide them seats is a comin' out!!!

Under the dash is always fun, have used a mirror quite a few times in the areas your working blind.

What a reminder... I am pushing the 60 mark and also over weight. My car also has a full 8 pt roll cage although the sides open on hinges. Long story short I was out in the garage one night and got up under the dash on the passenger side with my back on the floor and my legs up on the rear of the seat - very comfortable. Was under there for close to an hour doing a bunch of work and then I went to get up ............
No matter how I tried I could not get my *** up. I tried and tried for I'll bet 30 minutes (my garage is detached from the house and of course I have given my wife the evil eye many times for coming out to bother me... Well I layed there and layed there, no cell phone, no way to contact her and no chance of anyone coming by since it was late. I was about ready to give up and go to sleep when I finally managed to find a way to pull myself up and get out... Never again!! Now I wait for my son or someoneelse to do the under dash work - or if I had to I would also pull the seat out. I felt like some old Tortouse on its back under there.

I was home by myself otherwise the seat would have come out, plus I only needed to adjust my brake light switch so it wasn't a big deal.....now where is the Advil?

At our local Ford dealer,a 6 foot 4 inch tech was working under a dash when the pliers in his back pocket caught on the electric seat switch and it ran the seat forward.They had to disconnect the battery and remove the seat to get him out.Ouch!I heard he was whimperin pretty good!

Take the seats out! Then throw some quilts in there for more padding. Knee pads help as well.

Dammit!! :banghead:

I fought for almost an hour to get my instrument cluster out in the most awkward position. Four nuts and I could have had the bucket seat out and be comfortable. I assure you when it comes time to go back together, the seat is coming out first!!!

If you pulled the seats already,add the pillow and a few beers.Won't take long,time for a nap.

I've spent my share of time with my head on the heal pad ( getting dirt in my hair ). Because I have back and neck problems today, I've had to learn to work while sitting in the seat(s). I have to get on my knees at the door openings and reach in for a few items.

-
Back