How We Treat Each Other

-
Very nice post as everyone appreciated it here as it pertains to them on the outside world yet not always here on this forum or to purists. Here, its cool to accept persons no matter who they are and as long as they use the same manufacturers parts whether Mopar or Ford but not Chevy and as long as their daily drivers are anything even Japanese but not Chevy. I'm not a lucky guy by a long shot but I have 4 vehicles, three of which are always running and ready to go anywhere, can you guess which vehicle isn't always ready?

BTW, I'd have more diverse friendships if it weren't that I live in white America where churches are many and schools are few. where pastors speak politics and tyranny as they expect your 15% to pay for their new shoes.

lets all act like we don't know where this post came from :)
I told ya that I have Studebakers,live close to st louis and the pastor came by and helped me with my plymouth,and I didn't have to buy him any shoes. Anyway Good show Chick!Hook me up with your sister sometime-ok?

I don't have a sister, sorry. Just one older brother who never liked to get dirty or work on anything.

I'm still trying to understand the last sentence of your post Hottlines. You've left me scratchin' my head before, but that's a doozy.

I fail at the first and maybe the second but do alright at the others. I'll try and work on it.

:thumleft:

anyone remember my post Just a penny,I go out of my way to remamber people and help them no matter what colour or race.The world is full of unkind people.well said Cuda Chick.

Great post, Leanna!
I personally learned a similar lesson, but on a smaller scale, many years ago as a young kid but it made a huge impression on me.
I was 10 years old and my mom and I were travelling across the country by train to visit some relatives outside Washington DC. We were in Union Station in St. Louis waiting to change trains. Back then, there were shoe shine stands in all major airport, train, and bus terminals. I don't remember where I was walking to, maybe a magazine stand, but as I passed the shoe shine stand the gentleman shining shoes turned to me and, with a huge smile, said, "Good morning, how are you today?"
Being just a young kid all I said back was, "OK."
I'd gotten maybe another 4-5 steps before I heard, "Me too!"

Even as a young kid it made a huge impression on me as to how important just a common courtesy of asking back and paying attention to another person is. To this day everybody at work gets a "Good Morning, how are you" type of greeting or response. And it still amazes me how many don't bother to reply. Most of those who don't reply get the same "Me too!" I first heard from a friendly total stranger so long ago.

It's the same thing: treat others the same as we want to be treated. Society in general used to be a lot friendlier - let's each do our own little part to bring it back.

Thanks for the meaningful words in your post Leanna. Much of what you have posted is missing in today's world and it is really good to see that there are still some people that remember what really matters.

I agree ocdart! I often reach out to people and help them for no reason. They think Im crazy,as society in general has become very selfish. So they end up thinking /i must want something.No,the only thing I want is for what oc dart said,for more folks to reach out and treat each other better.

-
Back