How's it going everyone?

-

MoparMan80

Reaction score
My name is Ben...I have had a 74 Duster for a couple years now and fixing to finally get started into making it into my dream car. I'll take any advice possible with an open mind. Looking for a 360 possibly but open to suggestions on engine type. It has a 225 slant six right now but want more power and aggressiveness in the car. What does everyone think of making it have a cowl hood? Thanks for the add and hit me up...glad to meet new people.

Hi Ben. We're all here cause we ain't all there! All seriousness aside, welcome and good luck with the Duster.
BTW, we like
Pitchers.jpg
sorry......that's pictures!

Hi Ben. We're all here cause we ain't all there! All seriousness aside, welcome and good luck with the Duster.
BTW, we likeView attachment 1715006999 sorry......that's pictures!

Awesome...thanks for the reply and believe me I'm not all here either haha....too much combat overseas haha.....yeah going to definitely get hot on it this year. I think my first step will be engine then body..not sure yet. I'm trained in auto body so body shouldn't be that bad. It's got some rust of course but worst part is the rocker panels....other than that pretty clean. I'm new to the forum deal so this is very cool.

WELCOME -- From Pa. -- This is a GREAT FORUM - Good & Helpful People.

:welcome: to the fray! the 360 is an excellent choice! :thumbsup: and you'll likely get some grief about the cowl hood - do what YOU want. So, got pics?

:welcome: to the fray! the 360 is an excellent choice! :thumbsup: and you'll likely get some grief about the cowl hood - do what YOU want. So, got pics?
I agree with Scamp, You will certainly get grief with the cowl hood! Just remember, It's your car, your $$, do what YOU want to the car! BTW: I do like the looks of the cowl hood, just wish MOPAR would have done it first! Have fun!

hahaha....yeah not so sure about the cowl hood. My original hood looks pretty good already and I'd hate to ruin it. Why ruin something that's not broke. Thanks for the input.

Welcome Ben. Great to have another fan here.

I already graduated from on autobody program at Lincoln Tech in Nashville and am now attending the Automotive program. After I graduate this program I start a high performance program and then I'm completely finished. My goal is to get into a good restoration shop. The Duster is my first project then thinking about restoring a truck of some type.

Congratulations on getting your education in such an exciting field.

Take your time on the Resto. Ben. Making a sweet car is all in the Details. I recently put a reproduction Dual Snorkel Scoop on my 74. It looks really good. If I were you, I would look at other Duster's and see what looks really good to you. You can just Google 74 Plymouth Duster and get some great ideas.

My name is Ben...I have had a 74 Duster for a couple years now and fixing to finally get started into making it into my dream car. I'll take any advice possible with an open mind. Looking for a 360 possibly but open to suggestions on engine type. It has a 225 slant six right now but want more power and aggressiveness in the car. What does everyone think of making it have a cowl hood? Thanks for the add and hit me up...glad to meet new people.
Big block it! 383 :) Might as well since you need to redo the whole drive train anyhow...

Waaaaay more torque, n you'd get plenty of hp even with a moderate build...

-
Back