https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/6119385135.html

-

Penstarpurist

Reaction score
Hope this is posted correctly. My son had to help me, by doing it for me. Lol. Anyways its an ad from the semi local craigslist for a big block duster project for $1500.00

If anyone is interested in the car and it's not in your driving range, I would be willing to go take a look for ya. I'm very tempted to get the car as it's a steal at that price, just trying to justify why I would need a 3rd duster.

Worth $1500 as a parts car, might be solid enough to build it up itself. Hard to tell from the photos but if it was closer to me I'd probably buy it just to rob parts from. It is up near Seattle so that is a 3 hour tow in heavy traffic.

Worth $1500 as a parts car, might be solid enough to build it up itself. Hard to tell from the photos but if it was closer to me I'd probably buy it just to rob parts from. It is up near Seattle so that is a 3 hour tow in heavy traffic.

3 hours from south of PDX to anywhere near Seattle would be a good trip.

Yeah, I've made the drive up that way many times. I just hauled a parts car for my son's fury from the Canadian border a short time back. My mom lives in Tacoma area, and the wildwaves park is up near Seattle. We go there a few times a year. My son has been bugging me to grab it up. I've just got a duster parts car already, but the thought of doing a cheap bracket car is tempting.

It was for sale on here awhile back with another car, looks like a good deal for someone..........

Hello,

Most here don't or shouldn't remember me, but I was a fairly active member until about 7 years ago when I stupidly sold my 440 Dart. So......I bought this car. It is a great parts car, and could be put back together. It was quite complete really and the wiring wasn't hacked etc. Heck the doors close nicely. That being said, I come from the world of old 4x4's and I have never seen a floor that bad. Not sure what is going to happen with it, but it is happily at home in southern Oregon. Most likely it will get built when my garage gets done. So that is the rest of the story. I'm going to start looking for parts now though.

Rob

Glad it went to a good home. I'll have a bunch of parts left over from my '72 Duster project so if you need some stuff shoot me a note. I'm in the process of building up a '72 Duster as a race car so there are a ton of things I'm not using. Plus, my car came with a parts car so I have extra doors, hood, bumpers, some glass, interior stuff, etc.

Glad it went to a good home. I'll have a bunch of parts left over from my '72 Duster project so if you need some stuff shoot me a note. I'm in the process of building up a '72 Duster as a race car so there are a ton of things I'm not using. Plus, my car came with a parts car so I have extra doors, hood, bumpers, some glass, interior stuff, etc.[/QUOTE

The weird thing about this car is that if it hadn't sat out in the rain belt it really would be solid other than the floors. But there are little bits of rust all over all the sheetmetal. The last car we built at school but I am not sure yet if this is a good car to learn on without knowing who my students are yet.

Andy maybe we should chat here in a bit, I am going back up to Portland in a week or two.

-
Back