Hydraulic Linkage

-
ok heres the part numbers,,, tilton hyd release bearing..

61-400 hyd assembly
62-616 is the mopar bearing
62-632 is the o ring that goes between the bearing and the sleeve
62-620 is the long piston needed for mopar

the 61-400 assembly comes with a chevy bearing in the kit,,thats the way they sell it,,you have to get the mopar bearing as an extra item,,
when i orignaly bought all this stufff , i bought it directly from tilton,along with a tilton master cylinder,,, now they will direct you to a retailer,they do not sell direct to the public any longer,,

this is the same type of set up that they use in nascar,it has nothing to do with the bearing retainer,,it bolts to the inside of the bell housing,not to the front bearing retainer,, let me know if you go with this unit,,,hope this helps

RESURRECTION....
Has anyone figured out the hydraulic
throw out bearing number that works with the 4 speed. I don't want the slave right next to the exhaust.
Has anyone had issues with it boiling the fluid being that close to the exhaust.
Thanks all

Somebody had a thread or two where they mounted a slave up in the factory pushrod hole with a bracket. Sorry I don't have it/ them bookmarked.

I found that too, but would like to go with the hyd throw out bearing tho. A little more compact and less to manufacture.

I found that too, but would like to go with the hyd throw out bearing tho. A little more compact and less to manufacture.

I typed that wrong. It is the MASTER that was mounted in the pushrod hole. You can either use an external bell mounted slave or a hydraulic bearing

The part number for the hydraulic bearing is what I am looking for, all the part numbers that work, either the mccloud, or one from another car that fits right.

IMO all this sounds to me like an grueling 9th grade science project. "Blueprint" every piece of the factory shift linkage using bronze bushings and heim joints in linkages and most important install a firewall flex brace. This gets all the slop and play out, works fine lasts long time.

The McLEOD HYDRAULIC CLUTCH CONVERSION kit is only 480. I have found everything that works from other cars except the hyd throw out bearing. I can't find that PN or vehicle that is a direct swap.

That is exactly it... thank you, unfortunately I can get the whole kit for the price of just that bearing... so I guess I'll be getting the kit

Found it's tough to get a decent pic of the master. Here's the pics I got. Noticed I need to tighten the bolt on the brake with these pics too! For the master, I had to massage the fender a little bit to clear the fitting.
clutch master 1.jpg
clutch master 3.jpg
interior clutch 1.jpg

What is the better kit the Mccloud or the American powertrain? the cost is a big difference. That is why I ask.

-
Back