I’m guessing this is to slow the Mopars down

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming this is because of last weekend’s success.

IMG_9744.jpeg

Well the last sentence says it all, in essence to change the rules to control performance. Nothing new here.

Pretty soon they'll be awarding 'Participation Ribbons' to all competitors and having snacks after the race. There's your "parity".

The only word missing in their notice to control performance is the word MoPar

Let’s face it, Ford and Chevy are also big sponsors. You cannot let them loose at their own events.
Some day they will catch up.

I watched him drive away from the other car that lifted and thought that was a bad idea, then he went over 200mph. The first win for the dodge and already hand slapped.

Dodge sponsored the Denver and US nationals this year.

How is it the least represented brand in the aftermarket also gets the most penalties for lack of a better word.

If Chevy or Ford was winning everything would the NHRA make them power down?
They never have before. The closest was when NASCAR banned the Ford SOHC 427. That wasn't a "power down". That was just a "you caint run it".

So, the top pulley going from 3.5 inch to 3.75 inch nets a 7.14% loss . Is there more to this? Unless something is mentioned what you can or cannot do with the bottom pulley, I'd be dickn with that bottom pulley diameter.

QUOTE="RustyRatRod, post: 1974463791, member: 14960"]
They never have before. The closest was when NASCAR banned the Ford SOHC 427. That wasn't a "power down". That was just a "you caint run it".
[/QUOTE]
Well, actually, nhra did too.They penalized the 351 Cleveland prostocks when Glidden and Nicholson were outrunning everyone. Gapp and Roush went to a four door Maverick to get wheelbase, to get around the weight penalties..
I don't know about Nascar, but nhra wants chevies to win, and will do what is necessary.

The 427 SOHC was never in a production car, that’s why it was outlawed by NASCAR. Also why it couldn’t run in NHRA for stock and super stock.

Seems like a knee jerk reaction to an issue that does not exist.
It's not like the Challenger is winning every race.
More camaro and mustang wins than the Dodge.
Unless the 200 mile trap speed has scared them.

Well I new that wasn't going to last long, once I saw that Dodge was low qualifier at the first race for the new NHRA class.

Seems like a knee jerk reaction to an issue that does not exist.
It's not like the Challenger is winning every race.
More camaro and mustang wins than the Dodge.
Unless the 200 mile trap speed has scared them.

I think this is factory stock class. Not the new class.

Well I guess I read that one wrong, but even in Factory Stock Dodge hasn't won a race since the second season. Have they? So why would they bother to take more power away from them? Did the Dodges find more power and are now a threat to the Chevys, I do not know because I haven't followed that class since Dodge got sanctioned out of competition a few years ago.

-
Back