I’m not much into dyno numbers.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
But man this thing sounds great. I wish I could share the video. Thought you guys would like to see the numbers anyway.

IMG_9724.jpeg

If you cannot imbed the video, you can create a link on Google photos or Apple photos and share the link.

Should be able to make a share link there too, if it is your video. Or maybe copy paste the webpage?

I've never seen a hub dyno before. It makes sense, eliminates tire spin as a factor, and no chance of jumping off the rollers.

It's a F.a.s.t. motor so casting # correct carbs, intake, heads, exhaust manifolds, 2.5" full exhaust.

I'd guess high compression, huge roller cam,ported heads,intake and exhaust plus tricks we've never heard of. Pro stock type motor with some factory parts.

I've never seen a hub dyno before. It makes sense, eliminates tire spin as a factor, and no chance of jumping off the rollers.
What happens if an axle or the hub connections themselves break? ANYTHING can break

If that was my first time on a hub Dyno I think I would need to change me shorts.

Facebook video.
Thanks for the video John, it was amazing. When it wound up it really emphasized the torque as the whole car jumped up like it was a hydroplane on water. Like several others I had never seen a “hub” dyno pull. The whole process just freaks me out and at the same time sucks me in like a NASCAR wreck. I sure like the dyno for my initial dial in but nothing gives me feedback like a test and tune day at the track. The dyno guys are amazing, but merciless!

He is supposed to be bringing the cuda out for the Mopar/ F.A.S.T. race at M.I.R. Oct 21nd. If the stars align I am hoping to have the duster out for it with it's new motor also.

go check out steve morris engines on youtube. he uses the hub dyno a lot.
Steve Morris has a lot of good videos. I forget which car he was setting up a base tune for but they bent all of the rear wheel studs in a twisting direction on the hub dyno. That was a close call.

Talked to him a few years back when he still ran the Hemi roadrunner in FAST.
thing had a 900 lift roller in it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the video John, it was amazing. When it wound up it really emphasized the torque as the whole car jumped up like it was a hydroplane on water. Like several others I had never seen a “hub” dyno pull. The whole process just freaks me out and at the same time sucks me in like a NASCAR wreck. I sure like the dyno for my initial dial in but nothing gives me feedback like a test and tune day at the track. The dyno guys are amazing, but merciless!

Abodyjoe shared that.

Nice. D.D. knows how to make power. That video was from two years ago. These F.A.S.T. cars have become so advanced now it's almost gotten away from the original spirit of the class. There is so much more going on with them that you can't see it would make your head explode.

The guys from Indiana with the black 'Vette have their own hub dyno.

WIthout drag strip proof, dyno numbers are bench racin.

WIthout drag strip proof, dyno numbers are bench racin.
The 'Cuda has been at least 9.63 @ 144 and is by far the quickest Mopar. The black 'Vette has gone 9.3 @ 146. Both cars are over-the-top restorations as well.

For anyone that does not know what F.A.S.T. (Factory Appearing, Stock Tire) is about, these ETs are on repro Polyglas tires with exhaust manifolds and full interiors. Think about that.

-
Back