I am in a world of S#&T

-

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
Ok I need help here.... I bought this Barracuda convertible an haven't told my wife.. YES I;M SCARED!! I mentioned it to her and of course she says "better sell one first",so I have my Duster on EBAY., but in the mean time I went ahead and bought this one....
Heres the problem.. Work has been slow(I'm self-employed) and money isn't flowing. So how am I going to justify this to her????
Do I wait til I pick it up ,Its 5 hours away so can't just go get it without her knowing, or tell her now?? or Hope the Duster sells and then tell her?
AM I in a world of **** or what???
We've been married 30+ years never done this before..oh yea I've bought a gun here and there without saying anything but that was just $3-400. bucks.Not a CAR!!
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

You could tell her that you bought it for her. Then keep em both. HA!! Win. Win.
Or I could "hold" one for you. (With keys and title of course.) Ha!
Good Luck.

Man, I don't know exactly what to tell you but my wife would have my balls! :angry7: I would tell her, the sooner the better. Just be sure to mention that your Duster is for sale, hope you get what you want for it, with the wife pissed, you may need to take less to get the cash back. Good luck!

Send the duster over to me tell her i paid you for it but I didnt. Win win situation. I get a nice duster and you get your cuda and get out of some trouble.

If what I posted above dosent work you could just tell her you allready have the duster listed on ebay for sale and it wont take long to sell. But you allready purchased the barracuda so when you sold your duster you wouldnt have to worry about someone buying the cuda out from under ya.

Your screwed. LOL I hope she is a understanding lady. I you think she will be cool with it. Tell here now. If you think she will be pised and not give you any lovin for a month. Tell here later and stock up on the lovin wile you can.

look man here is your saving grace /tell her it was too good to pass up considering the economic situation/how much it cost verses what the price would be in good economic times it all ads up to how much you saved by getting it right now . see thats the way women think not how much i spent but how much i saved you
and explain if the other car dosen't sell its due to the current economic crisis but when times are good again you will make a profit and all will be good better than breaking even!

Tell her. Suck it up whatever the response is. If need be, show her that you are being proactive at selling the Duster. You may want to list it on several sites and print out the postings. It may be a good idea to show them to her. Once the initial reaction is over, most times the anxiety level will decrease as well.

Tie a huge bow around it and gift it to her.

Tell her. Suck it up whatever the response is. If need be, show her that you are being proactive at selling the Duster. You may want to list it on several sites and print out the postings. It may be a good idea to show them to her. Once the initial reaction is over, most times the anxiety level will decrease as well.
x2
just do it, she'll get over it

...in the mean time you can scope out which corner of your dogs house you're going to sleep in.

I agree. Honesty is the best policy in my house. The longer you wait the more trouble it will cause. They hate it when they think you are being deceptive. You guys have been married for 30 years.........She probably has a good idea that something is amiss already. I don't know how they do it ,but THEY KNOW!!!!!

Tell her...she might just let you keep both....I bought my pops a truck..told the wife after...she was more understanding then I thought...look at it this way...you gave her a roof over her head, no credit agencies callin at all hours and 30 + good years of marriage...use the midlife crisis line too...LOL

Just tell her... you'll feel guilty until then....
Aloha!

Are you married guys all blinded by fear? You are missing the obvious. Here is the answer...

Its a Valentines Day present! She will be so happy!

No? Not good advice? Maybe that's why I'm not married.

oh yeah...lets see pictures of the cuda...who knows...you might be sellin' that too!!!

LOL!!!!

It don't matter how you ice this cake, your *** is grass with her and she is too smart to fall for any smooth talk.
With wives, it's all about the numbers and the cars all look the same.

Well, if she is anything like my Wife, she will be furious with you for a couple days and you will have to kiss her rear and do everything on the honey-do list that she has been compiling for the last three years without you knowing, and she will of course, throw this and averything you have ever done wrong in your face until you feel like the underside of a pond sucking leech, you may also have to sit back while she buys each of the kids a new cat because you hate cats, and then she will have to point out just how much money she makes in relation to yours thus further making you feel like the underside of a pond sucking leech, then after a couple days of this, groveling at her feet, until the point where you get so disgusted that you feel like either driving you new Barracuda off of a cliff to make her happy or you tell her that you are a big boy now and you can make decisions on your own and that she needs to chill out, say a prayer, take a deep breath and count her blessings that the Gods will smile on her again as you business will pick up, the food will be on the table and the bills will get paid.

Either that and flip the barracuda as fast as you can, sell the duster also, sell the contents of your garage and everything you have collected througout the years concerning your mopar hobby, become a mindless working stiff that lives for nothing else than to succumb to the behest of your extremely lovely Wife.

Then again, there is always divorce, but who the hell wants to go through that?

Just Man Up and tell her!!!!!!!!!!

Bingo!

Hey, I just did exactly the same thing. We just moved in to a house from the city on January 1st with our 10-month old, so things were all sorts of upside-down in our family. I had sold my Valiant about a month before so I had some 'car money' burning a hole in my pocket. It was KILLING me not to have a ride, it's like I was missing a part of my body or somthing. She knew I was on the hunt for a new project as soon as I sold the other one but she asked me to wait until things settled down after the move to make sure we didn't need any extra cash for an emergency. What? Wait? Why? One night she went out for a few hours. I bought my Dart on Ebay. Told her the next day. Nothing happened really, except for me doing exactly what she asked me not to do. No fight, no screaming. What I do know though is she filed it away for future ammunition. Kind of shitty on my part, no way to justify what I did, but I did it. Not my brightest moment.

Made sure I sold a whole bunch of parts right after, did pretty well. Ended up spending very little on the car. I tried to rationalize that buying a car that didn't need restored may save me money in the end. Still probably not the right thing to do.

Chicks dig convertables. "Honey, I was going to suprise you, but with the way things worked out, I had to buy the 'Cuda first. I have the Duster up for sale. I hope you don't mind if I tie up the play money a while 'til things straighten out. (This is where you put your jewels in a jar, slam them in the freezer, sequester yourself to the sink and do dishes until the Duster is sold, the 'Cuda is finished, and they gold plate the ice cap on Hell. Hopefully she is a understanding as my wife is and she'll forgive your impetious purchase.

I understand your dilemma, but having to ask for your balls
back every time a decision needs made sucks to.
Tell her you bought the car and your Duster is up for sale.
Put some bass in your voice when you tell her so she
doesn't question your decision.
Man up!

Since when did a marriage become democracy.:-D

Honesty is the best plan,Cuda was a great deal,right.After 32yrs I'm still alive,wife hasn't done me in yet,good luck.

A couple days ago, a Duster I've had my eye on for a while popped up for sale. I told my wife, and she said "buy it then, if you want it." I bought is ASAP before she changed her mind. I know this doesn't help you any, but thought I'd share. You could always get your wife to agree to you buying it based on the great deal it is and how it's worth so much more, then let her believe you bought it with her blessing (that took 2 months for me to do with my Harley)

Just over a year ago I bought this Riv when my wife was away with work, she get dropped off by her worker freinds and says wtf is that, she wasn't thrilled but said she knew I really wanted one since we sold the one we had 20 years ago, so fine, I did all that sweating for nothing :bootysha:

DSC01200.jpg

WOW!! Lots of good advice... I'll "man up" right after the Duster sells... I guess.... She is going to nut me, I just know it..
I like the gift Idea. It is red for Valentines day... I know she didn't say anything about how much I spent for the Diamond Ring I bought for her for our 30th anniversary in July. And it was more than this car costs. We actually looked at this car that weekend too...
well...........

-
Back